meet up for weston-super-mare beach race.21st october 2007

Guest andys636

J'ase is going to hit the M4---SO it is best if we meet at Junct 17 at 9.30-10 [if that is OK]-take left into Chippenham and there is a layby right at the start of dual carriageway----

---now what about you Kev?---

--from Winchester is it Andover--Devizes--A342 onto A4 into Chippenham--just after that junction on the left is a big pub called The Lysley Arms-[bike meets Mondays]---what do you think??-there at 10ish--

---I am happy to get out early to meet one somewhere then we can meetup with the other.

Anybody else up for it?????

It looks like i am going to come from andover way now as im bringing somebody along if she is well enough, she says she will be but i am not so sure. so jr are you coming past me then??

OK J'ase----looks good to meet Kev--

--as you are both coming together from Andover it is best if we meet Andy in Cheddar at 10a.m.-in Waterfall car park----no point coming up to Chippenham as your best way is A303-Frome-Cheddar--

---is that alright?????

Fine with me :) Aslong as J_ase gets his finger out and posts :P Can meet on the way into, out of, around Andover. Used to live there, and work there still, so know it reasonably well :P

Sorry guys I've had a lot on at the momen, its been difficult to get on here and actually post.

Kev I am at Perham Down so can either meet you anywhere you like really. Are we staying on the 303 all the way down? I know the 303 but cant think of the route up to cheddar.

Oh what time are we going for mate??

Hi J_ase, hope it calms down for you :)

A303 - A36 - A362 -A361. or Head to Warminster, head to Shepton. Should be an hour and a half max. Meet you at 0830?? Best place to meet the Tidworth turning on the 303? Or are you heading into Andover to pick up friend still??

I am staying with my friend saturday nite which is in perham down, i can meet you at the thruxton/salisbury turn off with tidworth and the 303 if you like? ill wait in the car park where the butty wagon is (which is never open :roll: ) i dont mind which route we take ill let you decide, ill have at look at the map later on though and see which routes you were on about, id prefer to stay off the 303 dual carriageway its a bit boring :lol:

Sounds fine j_ase. The junction you mention is the one with the disused garage, and a hotel?? cholderton roundabout?? In the time frame we have to get to Cheddar, will need to use the 303 for a while i am afraid, but not for long if we do the A36. In all honesty, never ridden the route through Shepton to Cheddar, so JR, we might be a bit late :roll:

Yes thats the roundabout, ill be in there you wont miss me :wink:

No worries about going the dual carriageway I just follow you, dont think i have done the shepton to cheddar road before if i have ill let you know.

So 0830 is is then??

Google map is very good---road is good--I will be at The Waterfall Restaurant [on Cliff Road] around 09.45 ---be on a blue errrrr blackbird--old git wiv a fag looking bored senseless, no personality, no hair, couple of teeth, no money, no life, no future ---and sat on me own-----doubt if you'll miss me :wink:

Puncture?--looks good tread----very clean that bike--newish or not much use??---mine is covered in cack :?

Why would you be taking pics of flat tyres :shock: :shock:

By the way Kev---have you found your nuts yet----I am still laughing about that----- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

;) Side wall split from the main centre. Not too visible in the pic. Basically a blow out!! He was riding at about 80, in lane 3. Pic doesn't do it justice i guess!! Managed to get to the hard shoulder with out keeling over!!

see now--fault in the tyre itself I guess--these things do happen---lucky not on a bend

Got a bud joining us for our excursion----he's nuts---call him whatever ya like :? :? :? :? ---might have another hombre out for a pootle too---

---anyways see you all at The Waterfall car park

hi all.

not meeting in cheddar now,am heading straight to weston,will be there bout 10.45 am ish,if anyone s still going pm me,and will arrange somewhere to meet.

andy

JR, still want to meet in Cheddar. J-ase is coming, but not contactable. Can you send a text to me if things have changed please. Otherwise, we will be aiming to meet at 10am Cheddar.

Great ride today people!!!! I throughly enjoyed myself, even with the cold this morning....

The ride back was great especially not having to worry about that carb icing :D

Hopefully get out again with you all, nice to meet everyone today.

Oh Col how did the pics come out? do we get us all at Weston on the thread? Show those Northerners we get out and abooot

Kev how did you manage to post at the same time as me!!

Sorry about the wait, my admin wasn't very good this morning, is that M at the car park? You weren't that bored after all :lol:

Seriously sorry about the wait. Oh why did you turn right when we split? If you went straight on you would have gone past Stonehenge. What did you think to the road? I thought it was quicker than the 303 and theres another short cut on that road too...

Had no idea where i was going thats why, realised when i was on the 303 where the other road went ;)

No worries about the wait, was all good anyway :)

See you soon chap :)

Not sure if it was quicker or not, but was certainly a better biking road, thank you.