Powerless

Guest dawn62

:?:

Hi,I reQuire all the possible answers LOL....well firstly hello all and thanks for any help offered in the first instance- Here's my 1st question,I have a 1991 suzuki gsx600f it's been held up for winter but had to be outside.I turned it regularly for a while,but household tasks took over,now i want to be out on it i charged battery checked tyres took out plugs and cleaned them changed oil checked fuses,etc etc put key in turned on ignition and nothing...zilch i expect to be told have you checked spark ....urm yes i swapped ignitor i swapped battery i swapped starter relay i rechecked fuses still nothing not even any lights i dont really want to remove complete loom as all earth wires seemed ok but not sure what to do next apart from throw bike of a cliff and get my cbr600 on the road. i am hoping to sell that one so dont really want to damage it... please if any good advice ty dawn

Right..second question my chap pedoro has a cbr 600f every time he turns ignition key the 10 amp fuse blows..he has changed rectifier changed coils paid several pounds out for 10amp fuses haha he has checked for breaks in loom of earth wires and done most of the obvious fault finding checks like following wires back to fuse box etc. but still no joy and running out of fuses and ready to blow his own any help..i ty dawn

Hello.

If there's no power to the lights, then I would guess its nothing to do with the spark plugs. More likely wire snapped/battery(s) dead. Time to get the multimeter out and checking voltage down that loom you don't want to remove.

Just before you do that, the engine cut out switch isn't on is it? Feel free to tell me where to stick it, but I've done that when working on the bike... :D

Have no suggestions at all for your bloke's issue, I'm sure the proper mechanics on here will have a raft of suggestions though, they'll have you both going in no time. Hopefully.

:cheers:

:) ty for reply..lol i drive cars also but i got pulled for speeding 145mph i tried pleading innocence but alas...i havent been caught on my b ike yet !! oh i checked the cut of switch as i am proned to be an idiot most days haha ty again dawn

you say you charged battery do you get any neutral and oil lighht show when you turn ign on if not connect battery charger up to bike again and see if you get lights then battery migght of died over the winter wll show as charged on charger but not hold it one dssconnected

:shock: Urm did you read the question properly,i have tried a couple of battery's, i think the first answer was more to the point, i have a meter at hand to check for a loose or broken wire in the loom...i know about the saftey switch if side stand connector removed it will start if clutch is held in..i have ridden bikes since age of 11 and repaired all my bikes myself..i practically rebuilt my cb1400 4 which ran like a dream ty for your reply anyhow..happy biking :stupid:

Hello.

If there's no power to the lights, then I would guess its nothing to do with the spark plugs. More likely wire snapped/battery(s) dead. Time to get the multimeter out and checking voltage down that loom you don't want to remove.

Just before you do that, the engine cut out switch isn't on is it? Feel free to tell me where to stick it, but I've done that when working on the bike... :D

Have no suggestions at all for your bloke's issue, I'm sure the proper mechanics on here will have a raft of suggestions though, they'll have you both going in no time. Hopefully.

:cheers:

You were correct in your assumption about any answers i may receive...maybe i came across as a thick bint lolllll Doh