BROKE!!!!

guybandit

Hi

well ive fitted a reconditioned swingarm to my bandit and it look awesome. Bleeding the rear brakes and sheared the bleed nipple flush with the calliper. looked on E-Blag and for a new one its over a ton and about 50 for a used one but most dont state if the pins or nipples are siezed.

Anyone got any ideas as to getting the stud out, ive heard of extractors, where you drill a whole down the center and then thread it out i think. Anyone got any experiance of this

Really wounded as its traken me two weeks to spray the swingarm and get the old one off and the weather is mint.

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks, Guy

several options ... take the caliper to a local engineering firm, and they'll get it out for you.

go buy a stud extractor... basically it has a left hand thread, so as you turn it into the hole in the bleed nipple, it transfers the left handed motion to the snapped nipple and thus it unscrews.. in theory...

drill it out ....

if you are not minded that way, it'd be safer if you took the caliper to a firm with the kit. literally a 10 minute job ... (well it should be lol )

as its a bleed nipple it will have a hole down the centre so just screw in an extractor and undo. if you send me a pm with your addy i'll send you a bleed nipple.

have dug out a speedbleeder nipple, it has a sprung bearing inside. the bearing is pushed with the fluid/air pressure then reseats itself, saves tightening and lossening when bleeding, i never got on with them, but cant find a normal one in my kit..

#

EDIT i use a reverse bleed method, so the bearing gets in the way,

Edited by Anonymous