Coolant temperature lower after coolant change?

rossibizatdi

Hi, I changed my CBR600F coolant on the weekend as I fitted new SS Downpipes and took the rad off. Now the temp when I was riding to work this morning didn't go hardly above the "c". Might just be getting paranoid but should this happen? Could the old coolant not have been very good? I mixed 50/50 as per the Hayes manual. Also the coolant that came out was green and the stuff that I put in was blue and mixed with de-ionised water.

:stupid:

Not sure where the 'c' is along the gauge or how high it was going before the change but if there is a big difference between before and after it would set some alarm bells off to me.

Have a check for an air lock and double check the fluid level is right too.

I wouldn't have thought new coolant fluid would make a massive change in the temperature no matter how old the other stuff was.