Spray painting fairing and swing arm

Decor58

Looking at painting my bike where I came off but don't have a clue where to start.

Also going to do the swing arm and wheels where the paint has chipped/rusted a little.

So if anyone's any suggestions on types of paint, best way to get right colour matching or just technique would be really greatful :D

Thanks Simon!

Some how I thought it might be you that'd reply :D

Looking at that I think I might just rub it down, put a coat or two on to protect it and cover with decals as I have neither the time or funds to do a professional job (for the fairing that is)

As for the swing arm the current paint job isn't exactly 1st class so I may give that a go myself and just leave the wheels.

This is the only problem with a bike that's your main form of transport, can't have it off the road for too long :(

Doing it yourself seems like a good idea, I bought a belly pan for my hornet, and sanded the old paint down etc, then primer, metallic base coat, and colour coded coat, clear coat, but still ended up quite a bit of a way off a pro finish, however only going on bottom of bike. Id suggest if is going to be very visable, best to get a shop to do it.