What to wear for CBT?

Being a firm believer of not getting hurt if at all possible, ive already bought a jacket, gloves, boots and picking trousers up later ready for my CBT tomorrow. Only thing i havent bought is a helmet cos i dont know what size so i'll use theirs for the day. As far as im concerned, falling off a 125cc with L plates in a carpark will hurt just as much as somone falling off a 1000cc on the road at the same sorta speed.

I was parked in town the other day and saw an instructor with 2 students (all wearing hivis vests) and was suprised to see one of the students only wearing a t shirt and 3/4 length trousers on a scooter!

Ive already bought the clothing cos i want a bike hence doing the CBT but have i gone a bit OTT just for the CBT?? Id like to think safety was equally important whether riding 10 mins down the road or 5 hours on a trip out.

I was parked in town the other day and saw an instructor with 2 students (all wearing hivis vests) and was suprised to see one of the students only wearing a t shirt and 3/4 length trousers on a scooter!

I did my *CT with a bloke in tracksuit bottoms. The instructor said "this is the sort of thing that shouldnt be warn" the guy then said "because if you come off they will mealt do your skin. I know, I have come off in them before" :shock:

EDIT:*CBT. B button is still faulty. soz

Edited by mealexme

Not over the top, always wear the best gear you can afford :thumb:

I would imagine that there is more chance of coming off during your CBT, especially riding around built up areas, than on a long journey after you have passed!

Good luck :)