air filter on a scooter. What oil?

mealexme

I have a 2t scooter ( :( ) and it has basically a sponge as an air filter which basically looks like this http://www.wemoto.com/bikes/Kymco/Vitality_50_2T/04-09/picture/Air_Filter (expet a diferent shape, as it is a different bike lol). Anyway, I was reading the instructions for my lawnmower and it needed the air filter oiled and it just said to use 4t engine oil.

So would it be ok to use 2t engine oil on my 2t filter? or should i use the lawnmower (4t) oil? Or should i use some special oil filter oil?

Thanks

Alex

I used some 4t lawnmower oil.. hope its ok :S however i did make rather a mess by knocking over half a litre of the stuff on the driveway shared by me and the neighbours... soaked a load up with kitchen towel before mixing a load of soap and water together and pouring it all over the mess i created. I havent been back sinse to check the dammage :S but hopefully the soap has dispersed it so it shouldnt get on anyones tyres. But think it will leave a mark, and kill off some of that grass that is growing through the driveway lol

infact, i think its time for an inspection now the water should have dried out...

inspection complete: not good. still a patch of oil. :oops: sorry enviroment

I did this at my mates house. We tried everything and it wouldn't come off.

If its tarmac, we accidentally found out battery acid removes it rather well when we spilt some whilst filling his battery up.

inspection complete: not good. still a patch of oil. :oops: sorry enviroment

I did this at my mates house. We tried everything and it wouldn't come off.

If its tarmac, we accidentally found out battery acid removes it rather well when we spilt some whilst filling his battery up.

haha. nice to see you take safety seriously :lol:

It is an old driveway which was tarmac, but i think a bad quality tarmac and now has loose stones all over it and grass everywhere, so dont think it matters too much. Although it is next to where everyone keeps there bins, so it will be noticable and it is in the corner next to my bike... I think they can put 2 and 2 together and figure out it was me :oops:

Also it is right where my front wheel needs to go when getting in and out :( I will try and avoid it, and hopefully because it is in mud/crud rather than on the tarmac, it will wash off after a few rains :) just typical that it doesnt rain when you need it too :evil: