Suzuki GSX-R 400 Major Flat Spot from 1k to 7k - Video Added

DeeJ

when the throttle is opened fully it misses, to me seems like it is drawing in too much air, but could be overfuelling. I havn't got a clue tbh.

I can't take it for a run as it's got no MOT or Tax, and I havn't got a license.

Can any shed some light on this problem for me?

Edited by DeeJ

Explain to the letter exactly what happens when you open the throttle.

Also I would like to add here that GSXR400's and the Bandit 400 had bad carb inlet rubbers. The rubber seals were crap apparently and when they buggered up the whole bike buggered up. Or so I have heard including on this forum too so its likely to be fuelling.

Explain to the letter exactly what happens when you open the throttle.

Also I would like to add here that GSXR400's and the Bandit 400 had bad carb inlet rubbers. The rubber seals were crap apparently and when they buggered up the whole bike buggered up. Or so I have heard including on this forum too so its likely to be fuelling.

Ye been reading up about the O-rings below the main jet perishing.

Got someone from another forum coming on monday to check the bike out for me

My bike sounds exactly the same when trying to revv when choke is on so that means it may be overfuelling. Check your spark plugs for condition of electrodes.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/reading_spark_plugs.jpg

have you let the bike warm up fully ? the gsxr 400 can be a bit of a pig when cold

also i would buy a full seal kit for the carbs because as you say the rubbers do perish and they run crap no harm in doing them