Black Rat malarky

Milligan

Fantastic day out! First hundred miles a tad damp, fantastic organisation, not the crowds anticipated along the route but would you stand out in the rain waving at thousands of bikes? Actually....I would.

Went up the A19 to Thirsk and intended to go on the A1 from there up to Catterick but the north exit at Dishforth was closed and headed off into the countryside in the general direction of Thirsk, couldn't see the hills cos of the weather, suddenly............there's the A1 again! buggered if I know how we started off on the right side of it and rejoined it in a different direction from the left????

Got to Marne barracks, great organisation for the dispersal, didn't feel like there were the numbers there could have been....off on the ride, part of it through Catterick garrison, massive place! Took a wrong turn and couldn't find A1 South, finished up going north back to Scotch Corner, bought £5 of expensive petrol and headed off to Thirsk, across to Scarborough to see me mother and then blew everything on four wheels away on the way home.

Stood outside the pub and some geezer we had never seen before pulled up, in a car? Said he had been stewarding on the run and thought there were only about four and a half thousand bikes turned up, there was capacity for twelve and a half....seems a shame despite the weather.....mind you several bike owners who shall be nameless woosed out because of the weather....Fair weather bikers....phuuuttt.

When I can find me usb thingy I'll try and put some pics up.

dont think the weather helped, too many dropping out to bad weather, I cancelled my ride too, so I tar myself with that brush too,

Luckily the Armed Forces carry out there duties no matter what the weather.

Rain won't stop my pilgrimage to RTTW, though.