Cagiva Planet 125cc , gearbox oil ?

piercas2000

Hi,

few month ago red light started lighting up on whilst riding, so I thought well I need to top up oil in gearbox, came back home, topped up, dont know how much i added but prob too much, but any way light stoped to be on whilst riding.

yesterday again light started blinking, again added some oil, probably again too much , but the thing is light still on when in gear and when riding

any sugestions welcome

thanx

are you putting oil into a tank away from the engine and what oil are you puting in it or putting it into the gearbox itself

i got engine oil tank, which is for two stroke oil ( 2T )

I'm putting in gearbox oil, for scooters and bikes, bought in halfords, putting that in gearbox true oil dipstick hole mate

is it big diferents from 'gearbox oil for motobikes and scooters' from 'manual gbox and differential oil'?

well it sounds like you are putting right oil in right places if oil level on gearbox dipstick keeps dropping you have a leak somewhere or if it is to far up the dipstick you have to much in there

yep u right , all sorted now :cheers:

i was putting in way too much oil in gearbox, and it leaked, splashed everywhere, i thought gasket packedup, but after u sugested it can be two stroke oil, i realised i'm having a blonde moment

so drained oil from gbox, added 800mil of oil, topped up two stroke oil, and now all good

thanx again guys