Brake pads

Guest Numbers

Hi getting my bike serviced soon and getting a few items together.

front brake pads

seen some on ebay are goldfren are they better then the stock pads ? oh its for the front brake.

another thing is antifreeze for the radiator can i use any sort like for a car ?

thanks

Goldfren are GG rated or Sintered pads, they are better than HH rated but both will stop you just depends on your braking style, GG will wear the rotors (discs quicker,l so i'm told...)

you can fit GG pads to the front regardless of what is fitted to the rear GG or HH, that said dont fit HH to the front if you have GG on the rear..

Antifreeze..

are you doing a flush or just refilling..? be careful as some turn to jelly when mixed, so its best not to mix colours, so if your antifreeze is blue, stick with blue, same if its pink or green...

you can get pre-mix stuff, but the colour thing still applies..

and anti freeze is same for cars as it is bikes...

Goldfren are GG rated or Sintered pads, they are better than HH rated but both will stop you just depends on your braking style, GG will wear the rotors (discs quicker,l so i'm told...)

you can fit GG pads to the front regardless of what is fitted to the rear GG or HH, that said dont fit HH to the front if you have GG on the rear..

Antifreeze..

are you doing a flush or just refilling..? be careful as some turn to jelly when mixed, so its best not to mix colours, so if your antifreeze is blue, stick with blue, same if its pink or green...

you can get pre-mix stuff, but the colour thing still applies..

and anti freeze is same for cars as it is bikes...

No im sure its the "HH" that is the better pads... well... i have HH sintered on the front and GG kevlar on the back!

GG and HH are the ratings of the brakes.

will ring honda dealer soon and see how much new pads are. just looked into this antifreeze & coolant thing. it seems as long as the antifreeze conforms to BS6580 then it is ok for all metals and alloys in the engine.

the bike manual says not to use coolant with Silicate inhibitators in as this can damage seals and water pumps.

halfords antifreeze does so i guess i cannot use it ?

mix it as per instructions or get the pre mix stuff, if you drain the old stuff, that will give you an idea of the new stuff,

as its a small bore engine i would hazard a guess at under 2 ltrs,..(mixed)

apologies, Chris you are correct

Standard type is GG

HH is a harder compound or Sintered,

:shock: frankie got it wrong :shock: :shock:

must be old age :lol:

Yeah man the day you correct frankie is.... well the day he goes down hill.... :shock: :lol: :up:

Errm try wemoto for brake pads, some after market ones i think are actually cheaper than the stock ones... and just as good if not better.

For the anti freeze and coolant, would have been easier to buy the pre mixed stuff from halfords! but anyway, just read the manual for the mixture.

Went to the honda dealer.

got brake pads original honda ones for £13 and a bottle of coolant with antifreeze in for £5

the only bad bit was i got drenched both there and back on the bike.

oh and when i went in i noticed they had wurth chain lube i thought umm il get some of that. IDIOT i forgot and never picked a can of it up. not going back in the rain though if stops i might.