Kick start problem

scott_20uk

Alright guys + girls,

So after having the Scooter Stood (Covered over with a sheet) because of the snow and ice i went to kick start it today. (Electric start only works when the bikes warm / Summer months for some reason) and the kick start has gone really stiff.

It stops to a point my foot slips off it as kicking it, it will kick start but takes a few attempts and quite a hard "stamp"

Any ideas what could be up with it? It wasnt like that before i covered it over for the snow etc and kick started fine and wasnt "stiff / stopping"

Cheers :D

I would guess its due to non running for some time, low temps made oil go thicker and it takes a while to get all parts lubricated correctly again... If it will be like that after you run it for a bit then you may have a problem but now just start it and warm it up properly / go for a ride :thumb:

When did you last do oil change? You could try some fresh one...

Do you mean as in the oil that goes into the crank / drive case? Or do you mean the oil i fill up that mixs with the petrol (its a self mixer, i dont need to mix the oil/petrol)

I will add when i get it started it runs fine, reachs normal speed (about 45mph) its not lumpy or anything! Just the kickstart is super stiff / or stops when kicking it

(When its returning to its normal position (as in going back up/back) its fine also! Only when kicking it down is it lumpy/stiff/sticking/stopping

I mean the actual engine oil, not the one that mixes with petrol :)

Just found a PDF Manual for my Scoot. Reads -

Crankcase : Rotating Part & Slider Part / Cylinder : Rotating part & Sliding part - Use 2 Storke Oil or SAE#30 "AUTO-Seperated Lubrication

Drive Gear Box - SAE85-140 / TOTAL 110c.c Replacement 90c.c

Gasket Of Starter Shaft - Clean Grease

Starter Idle gear Sliding Parts - Clean Grease

The 2 Stroke oil is full (topped that to line yesterday) So im guessing it can only be 1 of the other 3 things?

Does any of that make any sence to you? (Thank you for your patients with me, im a novice when it comes to this kinda stuff) :D