YBR owners... does your forks click when they are pushed to

ENGBen

I have been looking at my bike today after a crash, and i pushed down on my handlebars, when i push them right down to the bottom i hear like a click or some kind of noise.

Do you guys know if this is normal?

I dont think my forks are catching, they felt fine, i am just trying to find out if this little noise i heard was normal for front forks.

Ben"]I have been looking at my bike today after a crash, and i pushed down on my handlebars, when i push them right down to the bottom i hear like a click or some kind of noise.

I dont think my forks are catching, they felt fine, i am just trying to find out if this little noise i heard was normal for front forks.

I take it you're holding the front brake on. Are they smooth both down and up?

Either way, it shouldn't click.

Note: Never owned a YBR, do still own a CG though, and have checked the front forks of at least 5/6 different bikes.

Ben"]I have been looking at my bike today after a crash' date=' and i pushed down on my handlebars, when i push them right down to the bottom i hear like a click or some kind of noise.

I dont think my forks are catching, they felt fine, i am just trying to find out if this little noise i heard was normal for front forks.[/quote']

I take it you're holding the front brake on. Are they smooth both down and up?

Either way, it shouldn't click.

Note: Never owned a YBR, do still own a CG though, and have checked the front forks of at least 5/6 different bikes.

Yes the front break was in, and i am not sure if it was a clicking sound, but it was a sound right at the bottom, it could have been anything.

The forks went up and down smoothly, but i guess this is why i need to take it to the garage to find out for sure, cause if the forks are bent i might as well sell the f**king thing for what ever i can get , i cant afford new forks + everything else it needs.

:(

Impossible to say where that clicking is coming from without hearing it for myself. Sounds can travel along a surface and be misleading. I would check the headraces and the wheel bearings for play. It could be a noise from the disc or possibly worn bushes inside the forks. Have you checked the forks with a straight edge?

• 2 weeks later...