DAS query

hey everyone,

got my CBT on saturday so looking forward to that...

my question though is regarding DAS!

It seems after reading some posts on here that people are going for mod1 and mod 2 at different times...?

I thought that when you book a DAS course you do it ALL over 3/4/5 days?

I have never been on a bike before EVER but was planning to do the DAS couse all in one go after my CBT and theory.... is this not a good idea?

oh and another (not so important) question...

how soon do you have to book the DAS in advanced? I mean can you call up a centre and book it for 2 weeks time or is there big queue? etc? whats the usual waiting time to do DAS? (if that makes sense)

thank in advance

I did MOD2 a week after MOD1 only because in case of unfortunate failing MOD1 I didn't want to loose MOD2 fee that already have been booked. So if I would fail MOD1 I wanted to have time to re-book MOD2 :)

And waiting time is up to school. I guess it depends if they have many learners and if test dates are available :)

So, if I were you I would wait with booking DAS 'till after the CBT. You'll see how are you doing then have word with your instructor and he should advise you about the amount of training you may need :thumb:

I am doing a 6 session das over 6 weeks. As above 2 of those weeks are time to re book mod2 if I fail mod1. The bike school recommended spreading it all out to give you time to take it all in and book additional lessons should you need/want them.

You can do it in one week and I believe some people do. Ultimately is is up to you dude.

Stu

I am doing a 6 session das over 6 weeks. As above 2 of those weeks are time to re book mod2 if I fail mod1. The bike school recommended spreading it all out to give you time to take it all in and book additional lessons should you need/want them.

You can do it in one week and I believe some people do. Ultimately is is up to you dude.

Stu

thanks for comments

so if i do 1 week option and fail mod 1... then i would of wasted my £££'s!

damn!

I did my DAS as normal lessons.

I had also never been on a bike ever before, I found the CBT to be physically and mentally exhausting (first few lessons and first lesson on big bike were pretty nerve wracking as well!), there is no way I could have done a crash course in a week!

Started off with a few lessons on the 125 then moved onto the 500.

Also didn't do my mod 1/mod 2 at the same time (booked my mod 2 when I passed mod 1).

Stu

thanks for comments

so if i do 1 week option and fail mod 1... then i would of wasted my £££'s!

damn!

Basically yes, they would need to rebook if you failed your mod1 and i am sure there would be a fee.

Also as per below. I found the CBT absolutely shattering! You have to take in a lot of info and you are on the bike a lot! I am 6ft 3" and the instructors told me i would find control and comfort better and easier on the 500. Just want to get back out there now!

Stu

Because of my circumstances I did my mod 2 the day after my mod 1, but it was a risk.

I basically did mine on holiday! I went to stay with my mum and step dad during my summer holidays and my step dad paid for me to do the CBT, it took me a week to do that, as I had never been on a bike before.

My instructor then did a week with me on a bigger bike, an hour or two a day...it was exhausting and my concentration used to go. I think I dropped the 500 twice and he threatened to put me back on a smaller bike!!!!

After about a week and a half of riding round and praticing for mod 1 - i was lucky bacuse the centre i was learning at was also where the mod 1 circuit was layed out - I then did my mod 1 a day before I flew back home (with the intention of taking mod 2 in the october half term)

I failed it due to nerves so in the end, booked to come up in Octobe for 6 days, spent 3 riding round and practising mod 1 then took mod 1 the morning before I left (was supposed to be the evening before but by then it was getting too dark to do it) and the took mod 2 the day I flew back out (honestly I had 2 hours to get the plane after i passed!!!)

Luckily for me I passed both, but I don't recomment it, my step dad was paying which added extra pressure i suppose, but in my case it focussed me.

It's all down to the individual and the centre. My boyfriend did his with only a few hours experience on a 500 because the centre said he was a natural rider and again we only had a tight time frame (good job he's good) We don't do things easily. We were lucky his centre had time and space for him.

If you fancy doing a holiday and doing ur mod 1 and 2, go to Kirkwall in orkney and look up Bikewise and a bloke called Graeme. Perfect bloke and teaches you properly!

Plus less of a queue for tests (although you need to go up at the right time) and a lovely holiday with challenging riding condidions to start you off!

Cbt Monday, mod 1 Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday off, Thursday practice and Friday mod 2. Only had the week in the uk so the instructor smashed me. Early starts and 6 o'clock knock offs. Got a good discount as the bloke was ex forces so $$$ wasn't such a big deal. Really enjoyed it though and the busier the school is the more likely they are to get cancelations or no shows so you could get through really quick.

Guy

thanks for the replies people.

after reading this im deinately going to do it over a period of weeks rather than days. cant wait for my cbt on saturday now!

Don't forget to wrap up warm, I did mine in Feb last year and it was flipping freezing!!

Good luck with it all :D