Rides

Deff up for the 27th. Will look out for times and meeting place for ride over there.

Not heard about the usual Rutland Run that I`ve been on these past two years. I don`t think the organiser gets on here anymore.

The CBR is starting to get there, but I reckon it will be a good month or two before I'm out again :( Ride safe everyone :D

much left to do? If we all muck in, could get it road worthy within a couple of hours (if you've all the parts!), I've a socket set and mini torque wrench that are awaiting their first proper use!

The CBR is starting to get there, but I reckon it will be a good month or two before I'm out again :( Ride safe everyone :D

much left to do? If we all muck in, could get it road worthy within a couple of hours (if you've all the parts!), I've a socket set and mini torque wrench that are awaiting their first proper use!

When it's at that stage I would certainly appreciate the help! It need's a check over, engine cover and fluids replaced, brake fluid replaced and a service before I can start cosmetic's though

Speaking of torque wrench, i need to tighten my chain (again...), and i stripped the cogs in my ratchet doing it up last time, mind if i steal it for 5mins one day in the near future?

I didn't put it in Ash, at the time it was cold and i dind't fancy splicing into my indicator wiring, it's a doddle to fit, but the splicing seems a bit iffy. Plus i don't have any resistors for the LED'ness of it (it might flash at a million miles an hour)

When it's at that stage I would certainly appreciate the help! It need's a check over, engine cover and fluids replaced, brake fluid replaced and a service before I can start cosmetic's though

Engine cover and fluids are a 20min job, brake fluid not so quick but will be fine with a bleed kit, and that's pretty much all of the service done bar air filter and plugs, maybe an hour to get to them? I've taken most of my bike apart so far so know my way around fairly well now. Can pop over whenever and give you a hand.

mind if i steal it for 5mins one day in the near future?

Yeah that's fine, it's what we used to untighten the nut on the single swing arm of Ash's VFR when that needed it's chain tightening. (it was a big one, 40-120Nm, I've also bought a 5-25Nm one for aluminium engine bits)

If you've not go rid of the CBR by easter as well Aaron - I'll get a trailer (or trailOR if you're american - celebrity juice) and will bring it to my garage and we can strip it down - I'll be on 11 days holiday with the mrs back at uni, what else do i have to do?!

I know a motorcycle mechanic in Sawtry who is going to help me get it road worthy, but then I may need your guy's help with fairing's, lever's, exhaust, tail lights etc

I know a motorcycle mechanic in Sawtry who is going to help me get it road worthy, but then I may need your guy's help with fairing's, lever's, exhaust, tail lights etc

But the work involved with fluids/engine covers is so simple, you just need a gasket for the engine cover, did it put a hole in it or just scratch?

And cheers Dave, is that the same 11 days in April (all the bank holidays etc) that I have off? :D

We need to start going on rides again, I went out today, ended up following a bloke on a blade who... to say the least... was far more experienced than me. bloody lost me on every corner and i was bloody right over.

You lot need to stop being wimps about it being cold!

were are u from ?

braintree has the best roundabouts apparently, nicely cambered well maintained and fairly empty, or there is always the magic roundabout in peterborough if you dont fancy a hack down to BT

• 2 weeks later...