Off road helmets with visors

For all you off roaders/greenlaners ect:

Are the helmets with visors better than having to wear goggles??

Id be worried about the visor fogging up all the time but i guess this would happen with goggles??

I prefer the idea of having a visor as i feel it will keep my face warmer but maybe i could wear one of them mask things??

I ask as i have found a HJC CL-XS Vapour for £24.99 with free postage from ghost bikes instead of £129.99!! BARGAIN or what!?

I am aware it may not fit blah blah blah but i generally just want some advice about visor vs. goggles :) thanks

ETA: i will be using the bike on the road as well as ill obviously be riding it to rallies ride outs ect as itll be my only bike so please take this into consideration :D

Nat i hope you wont be driving on the motorway, because my god will you have a sore neck! These MX style helmets are not designed for high speeds or the motorway they aren't aerodynamic at all. Its unbelievable even on a Supermoto i get fed up to the teeth of wearing a peeked helmet as i get blown around all over the place, so my advice is stay well away especially if your looking at getting a sportsbike next.

Ben

I wear an Arai TourX3, it's absolutely excellent, I've got a pinlock visor so misting isn't a problem.

I've tried it with goggles and I didn't like it. The only advantage I can see in using goggles is better ventilation when you're wrestling the bike around off-road.

A well designed, visored, peaked helmet should be stable at speed, I was out on a friends R1 a few weeks back and hit some pretty nasty speeds (on private land of course) and didn't have a problem. Last week I did 630 miles on my Versys in one day with the screen lowered and I was fine, my backside was hurting long before my neck. You shouldn't have a problem with the wind at MX/Green lane speeds.

I wear a Shoei Hornet (the shoei version of the Tourx) and its outstanding, if a little bit more noisy than a full on road lid.

For off road you defo want goggles rather than a visor you will want the air movement - trust me. But for road riding its goggles off, visor down :cheers:

as for no good at MWay speeds, really mine is fine at very good MWay speeds, just dont try to look up! the peaks on these dual sport lids are smaller than full on MX lids so less buffeting at speed.