Mod 2 on Thursday, any advice...

I have my Mod 2 this Thursday, I am hoping its going to be easier than the MOD 1!

I finally passed my mod 1 this week at my third attempt, It was the first time I was at the centre with another student who was on the test before me. my first thought having to wait over half an hour was that it was not going to help the nerves but I watched the other student before me do his test. He was 37 and had been biking since he was 18, he just didn't have a UK licence after living abroad. He made it look so easy which made me think I should be able to do it.

The one thing I noticed though was how dry my mouth was, it really did feel like sandpaper.

I have read through the mod 2 experiences and have heard of a Rescue Remedy spray, will this help and if so were will I get some?

My test is at Chester and a three O'clock start. My thinking is I may come across school kids, one question, If I am passing a busy school with lots of kids around, obviously I will be slow riding but is it Ok to use your horn during the test if you feel the need to?

any other tips welcome!

is it Ok to use your horn during the test if you feel the need to?any other tips welcome!

That's what it's there for! to make your presence known. I'd only use it when appropriate though (kid running out etc) and just a short pip should be enough.

I found it easier than Mod1 tbh, exaggerate your lifesavers and mirror checks to make it obvious that you're checking (but only do it when you need to, otherwise it'll like you're doing it randomly :D)

What are you planning on using it for? Personally, I would avoid using it, the purpose of the horn is to make other road users aware of your presence so if you use it and it is deemed an inappropriate use by the examiner you could be marked down.

I used rescue remedy drops (either drop straight in your mouth or dilute in water) when I did my car test, you can get it in any pharmacy (boots, supermarket pharmacy section, etc). Tastes absolutely rank!

Didn't use it for my bike test, could be worth trying though.

I took 4 tries to pass my mod 1 :roll: mod 2 was so easy and much less stressful in comparison!

As with mod 1, triple check you have all your docs, don't forget your observations, don't panic if you make a mistake and most importantly try and relax! Try not to treat it as a test as such, and ride as you normally would :)

Sorry to hi-jack this thread but...

Is mod2 a bit like the driving test for a car in that they are looking to see that you are safe and know how to handle the bike?

Why do people always say it is easier than the Mod1?

Stu