how much experience

just wondering how much road experience have you had before doing your mod1

i went in today to inquire about doing some mod1 pratice, and they were trying to book me in for 1 day training then test week or so later,

i have had around 9 hours of lessons so far,

hi bumblebabe.you have got me thinking ,and thats not good .i was under the impression that i would need about 3 hrs training then i would pass my mod 1 ,oh dear.if like you after 9 hrs of lessons at the best part of £270 then the mod 1 test £15 and (for me ) a lessons money so i can use a bike £30.the mod 1 could cost me just over £300. and then i can start mod 2. I'm beginning to think that a 125 is the most cost affective way of getting a license .at least it wont cost anything to practice.

hi bumblebabe.you have got me thinking ,and thats not good .i was under the impression that i would need about 3 hrs training then i would pass my mod 1 ,oh dear.if like you after 9 hrs of lessons at the best part of £270 then the mod 1 test £15 and (for me ) a lessons money so i can use a bike £30.the mod 1 could cost me just over £300. and then i can start mod 2. I'm beginning to think that a 125 is the most cost affective way of getting a license .at least it wont cost anything to practice.

I would say it depends. I did ride for 6 months and I went for my MOD1 on my own but I failed 3 times :oops: So I just said f**k it and I did DAS. Passed both tests first time on a big bike :mrgreen:

I had just over a year of riding around on a 125 before I attempted my mod 1 :lol:. That was because of financial reasons though

Same route as me, I failed MOD 1 first time, more due to had no practice at a circuit or owt. Once knew how it was going to go, passed it 2nd time round.

Took me about 10 months before i got round to doing my mod 1after completing cbt. I had 2 hours with riding school one avo practising on there course that they had set up.

i also set up my own course in a not so private car park with small flower pots ( :lol: ) to practice slalom and figure o eigh, Manoevring the bike used three spaces. I also used the road area in between the car park spaces to practice u turn. Missus helped me to practice slow ride - The only thing i couldnt practice in my own little test centre was the high speed swerve and emergency stop ( i just hacked it across the car park then jammed on the brakes. Did this for 3 hours two nights the week before the test and passed first time. Helped me a lot. i had no speed trap equipment though which would have helped.

Used my own 125 so guess that makes a difference knowing the bike and all that

You should be able to find the course layout online then create your own - I did a google search to find it.

On your mod 1 remeber to do all appropriate shoulder checks and lifesavers - Remeber you have to treat as if you are on a public road and not in a test centre car park!

Good luck

Cbt, one day ride out/lesson on a 500cc, 4 weeks on a 50cc scoot (which I still have), then done a day lesson/ride out, mod 1 training (3 hours), mod 1, 3 hours test training and mod 2. All training done on a gs500 (apart from cbt on a cg125).

I probably had around 20hrs training before my mod 1. Reason being, like an eedjit, I never bothered even booking my theory til I was already ready to do the mod 1. Wait for theory was around a month or so and then a few weeks after that for mod 1.

I had never rode a bike before, except as a pillion many years before.

I did my CBT, then the weekend after bought a 125.

A month after that I did my DAS and failed the test first time.

A month after that I got another test date and passed, but had no more lessons.

Just practiced on my 125, mostly U turns as that was what I had failed on.

The mileage on my 125 when I sold it a week after my test was 700 miles. 200 of which was the big ride just after passing. :mrgreen: