CAR: '02 Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi

PhatDad

Hi all,

My car has been lacking power for a while now. When you accelerate it does so fine but if you take it up to about 4k revs the power suddenly drops and after this whenever you accelerate it seems to be ok but then halfway through the rev range for each gear it just doesn't seem to go anywhere. It also seems to stutter at times even when the car isn't suffering from the problem AND once in a while if I accelerate hard in first gear the car cuts out.

Once the car loses the power I have to turn it off and power it up again to sort it.

I've just given the engine a once over, not that I know shit about engines, and have noticed a peach/orange coloured sort of flaky stuff. I've taken pictures below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/phatdad/Ap ... directlink

same engine thats in my Audi

its going in to limp home mode for some reason you really need to get it plugged in to a machine ( VAG COM/VCDS) and get it scanned it will point you in the right direction but it aint cheap not sure if anyone on here will have one!! but if you can afford the £250 buy one yourself it will pay for itslef in no time

first things to check though are the vac pipes to the turbo you could have a split in one of these and not working properly causing low boost also check the intercooler for leaks and the intake pipes

it could also be the actuator valve for the turbo a clogged up EGR valve the MAF (mas air flow meter) or boost sensor!!

same engine thats in my Audi

its going in to limp home mode for some reason you really need to get it plugged in to a machine ( VAG COM/VCDS) and get it scanned it will point you in the right direction but it aint cheap not sure if anyone on here will have one!! but if you can afford the £250 buy one yourself it will pay for itslef in no time

first things to check though are the vac pipes to the turbo you could have a split in one of these and not working properly causing low boost also check the intercooler for leaks and the intake pipes

it could also be the actuator valve for the turbo a clogged up EGR valve the MAF (mas air flow meter) or boost sensor!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHH!!!

*Looks around innocently* I'm sure something just flew over my head.

Well if that went straight over your head then you need to take it to someone who knows :lol:

I could talk you through a few things to check but won't be until I get back on my pc

Pretty much what Stu said..

I would say possibly EGR valve sooted up or check your intercooler...

Make sure you intake pipes are all sealed and check you airbox for no clogged up crap..

If you have no idea on how to do this, pay a proffesional (just dont go to a stealers)

Ive got VCDS but im in MK

Go See:

Shark Performance

2 Quarry Falls

134 Chesterfield Road South

Mansfield

Nottinghamshire

NG19 7AP

They will be able to diagnose your problem and tell you whats up and how it can be fixed, While your there might aswell get the car remapped aswell give it some more poke :cheers: