theory test

Guest Numbers

right im about to book my theory test but i need to know how long i need to revise so i can book a day to take the test. im not normally very good with revising for tests but its something i actually am interested in lol. :mrgreen:

iv been riding since august last year so i should know a fair bit and i will read the highway code and also do practice tests online.

would a week in advance be ok ? so its friday now would next friday be ok. having said that i dont even know if next fridays avalible yet lol :D

Do you have a theory practice disk? I'm the same, hopeless with studying but I found using the practice disk and just doing tests again and again for a few hours a night was a really easy way to study for it. Maybe give yourself 2 weeks, just to give yourself a bit more confidence with the questions. Don't forget about your hazard perception!

i done mine after a year on the road and a week revising and i honestly think i could have done it without the revision, it seemed to be just basic knowledge but i would say buy a practise disk, or use internet ones, worked great for me, oh an remember the practise for the hazard preception test too

When I re-did my CBT the instructor was saying that the theory test is gonna be changing as well as the Mod 1.

Amongst other things I have been led to understand that practise ones on the DVLA website won't be available - have to buy their disc :?

iv booked my theory for next tuesday so i need to get practicing lol.

iv done the practice tests on the dvla website and i got 44/50 so a pass. but i need to practice for hazard perecepton so what revision things are there for that ?

thanks

you can buy the disks, or if you have an ipod/iphone or ipad, you can download them from the appstore, which is what i done, and they are actually really good and helpful, if not there will be some on the internet too, but not many at all.

also keep trying the theory though, cause i do believe that 44 is just about a pass, try and revise more just incase a question you haven't seen yet comes up, it gives you a bit of space for error

For the hazard preception, it's just looking out for anyone/thing where it will cause you to break or change direction besides ordinary driving.

Best practice is when you're actually out riding, and you see someone stepping out into the road, or a car about to pull out on you, say to yourseld, 'seen it'.

The only problem you may have it clicking too soon, if something has potential to develop into a hazard, for example, someone stops at the side of the road, it has potential, but unless they actually make a move into the road, they're not an actual hazard. The trick it to click as soon as possible after they become an actual hazard but not before.

I would however, advise you to do at least some actual practise tests for it.

Also you have a pm