testers beware

just a heads up, I got this off a local bike forum

"Instructor on another site has been royally pissed off today, because one of his students was refused his test, due to an e-mail sent to the testing centres stating adequate clothing must be worn for the test.

He wasn't so the test was refused, the law states a helmet, nothing more, so this is open to too much personal interpritation on behalf of the tester.

just a heads up for anyone testing after today"

That seems really dumb, seeing as you can legally ride in anything as long as you have a fastened approved lid on your bonce!! It's probably DSA trying to avoid any blame/claim compo cases as result of injuries acquired on the test if you come off.

I had to sign something to say that my health hadn't changed as a result of the test :roll: at the end of my Mod2!

I did mt CBT on Wednesday just gone, and whilst we were having the morning briefing at the start of the day, our attention was drawn to a sign on the wall (albeit typed out and put up by the riding school themselves) warning people going onto doing the full bike test that 'appropriate' clothing must be warn, the instructor then explained to us that around 2-3 months ago someone had been turned away from a DSA test centre becuase they had turned up in 3/4 length trousers and a hoody or something similar and the examiner felt it was not appropriate.

I would think it would be best to go fully suited up to test, kinda gives examiner the right impression and put away his red marker pen ( for a while anyway :P ) after that go out on ya speedos if thats whay ya want

I think turning them away's a bit harsh, as long as you're inside the law you should be OK, but I would agree with turning up fully kitted out. It'll give a better impression to the examiner.

If you turn up kitted up, considerate, looking sensible they they're not going to be looking as closely or as hard for anything to mark you down on. If you turn up in shorts and flipflops then they'll be looking closer and not going to give you the benefit of the doubt for anything.