Fork Seals

Big Stu

Having been riding for te grand total of 2 weeks, I've came out of work tonight to notice a small puddle of oil sitting in the rim of my front wheel. Looks like one of my fork seals has gone, I know one end of a spanner from the other, but as I'm a complete noob to bikes is it something I could attempt myself, or better off sticking it into a garage?

Cheers

Stewart

Having been riding for te grand total of 2 weeks, I've came out of work tonight to notice a small puddle of oil sitting in the rim of my front wheel. Looks like one of my fork seals has gone, I know one end of a spanner from the other, but as I'm a complete noob to bikes is it something I could attempt myself, or better off sticking it into a garage?

Cheers

Stewart

It is Really not too bad at all its more a bite the bullet kind of job

Just spend a weekend taking off both forks and strip them down, clean everything,buy new seals and dust covers (if you have them on yours) and then put it all back together with some new oil.

Loads of Utube vids on it and its pretty easy if you just get stuck in.

Pretty easy job. I did it myself a few weeks ago. Just make sure you won't need any special tools. I have taken my forks apart only to find out I needed a "Kawasaki Tool" (expensive of course) but after doing some research on the internet I have bought a piece if square pipe for a few quid and it worked perfectly 8-)