I just made a bit of money, so i am thinking about doing my test soonish. What is the situation on mod one and two? Because i heard something about them having changed it temporarily and it being easier, then are going to change it again and make it harder. Does anyone know the rough dates they are planning on changing it?

Also is the car and bike theory the same?

Thanks, Alex

Mod1 was changed a couple of weeks ago.

They are planning to abolish mod1 in October and have it all done on road.

The test will then change not later than 2013.

Thanks dan :)

which is the... easiest one? lol

Thats incorrect information Dan.

You need a Motorcycle theory, a car theory doesnt qualify.

Mod 1 has been made easier basically see info on DSA site.

Commenting on october -

You do your Mod 1 and Mod2 in 1 day, mod1 on morning mod2 on afternoon, you pay the same test fees but if you fail mod1 you dont go out for mod2 so basically thats £100+ down the drain.

so get it booked before october!

I just made a bit of money, so i am thinking about doing my test soonish. What is the situation on mod one and two? Because i heard something about them having changed it temporarily and it being easier, then are going to change it again and make it harder. Does anyone know the rough dates they are planning on changing it?

Also is the car and bike theory the same?

Thanks, Alex

It has changed to make it easier. Now you don't have to get up to speed, you just have to try to (almost). Basically margin for error has been introduced to dumb down the speed requirement of 2 manouvres.

In October (assuming the consultation delivers their required result) they change it to make it more dangerous. Basically the current off-road manouvres will instead be undertaken on-road, exchanging a safe enclosed environment on which to show off your ability, for a busy road with other traffic on which the emergency services will be able to show off their life-saving skills when you fall under the wheels of an artic when you screw up the swerve.

The theory tests are almost the same, but you need to pass the one related to the class of vehicle you wish to test on. So car theory for car, bike theory for bike.

Thats incorrect information Dan.

You need a Motorcycle theory, a car theory doesnt qualify.

Mod 1 has been made easier basically see info on DSA site.

Commenting on october -

You do your Mod 1 and Mod2 in 1 day, mod1 on morning mod2 on afternoon, you pay the same test fees but if you fail mod1 you dont go out for mod2 so basically thats £100+ down the drain.

so get it booked before october!

Wheres the incorrect information? I never mentioned anything about the theory test. :up:

Your wrong there will be no Mod 1 + Mod 2 on the same day. It will be replaced by the on road test only. see http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Nl1/Newsroom/DG_193248 " Plans to trial a new, single, on-road motorcycle test that reflects real-life conditions have been published. It is hoped the new test could be introduced by the end of 2011 or early 2012." :up: