Confused about Mod1 and Mod2...

Hey peeps, well I'm currently riding a Honda Cbr125 and have only done my CBT and got my provisional, i'm confused about a few things,

If I do my Mod1 and Mod2 on my cbr125, does that mean I'm still stuck with being on a 125? Or can I then upgrade to a big bike restricted to 33bhp?

People say Mod1 is harder than Mod2, why is this?

If I only do Mod1, that means I can't ride a bigger bike until mod2 is also complete right?

Thanks in advance,

Blake

1 yes you will be restricted if done on 125cc for 2yrs

2 Mod 1 has the swerve test which people dont like and find it hard but if you are prepared it should be no problem mod 2 is just riding around town

3 You need to complete both to be fully licensed and legal

This will help http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 47&t=31635

1 yes you will be restricted if done on 125cc for 2yrs

2 Mod 1 has the swerve test which people dont like and find it hard but if you are prepared it should be no problem mod 2 is just riding around town

3 You need to complete both to be fully licensed and legal

This will help http://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/view ... 47&t=31635

Mod 1 has recently been made a little easier due to changes.

Because of your age I think you have to take your mod 1 & 2 tests on a 125 - I believe you can only take them on a bigger bike if you're over 21.

When you pass you can ride a 125 or a bigger bike restricted to 33bhp and that restriction lasts for 2 years.

You can ONLY ride a 125 until you have passed your mod1 and mod2. Upon completion of your mod2 you are allowed to ride any bike you want up to 33bhp or if the bike is more than 33bhp as standard then you have to fit a restrictor kit limiting the bike to 33bhp.

There are some 250's (Ninja 250, CBR 250) that are below the 33BHP rule and also some 400's. One of the best bikes for restricting is a SV 650 as it takes the restriction very well and restrictors for them are readily available on eBay.

For me Mod 1 was easier than Mod 2 as I got nervous on my Mod 2.

Hope this clears some things up. :mrgreen:

If I do my Mod1 and Mod2 on my cbr125, does that mean I'm still stuck with being on a 125? Or can I then upgrade to a big bike restricted to 33bhp?

No. It means you are restricted to 33bhp for 2 years

People say Mod1 is harder than Mod2, why is this?

People are wrong

If I only do Mod1, that means I can't ride a bigger bike until mod2 is also complete right?

Correct, 3 parts to the test, theory, Mod1 and Mod2. A pass is not a pass till you have all 3.

Thanks in advance,

You're welcome

Blake