cb 250 T running like a puch maxi

polecat

Before adjusting the mixture, try running it again now you have adjusted the valves, it may have just been that :thumb:

I am suprised to say that it made a Big diference after adjusting the valves !

Not a MotoGP bike but it certainly increased the Power considerably

As I said this bike has 3 valves per cylinder and out of the 6 Half were way too tight (not loose as I imagined)

I have to admit Doing the valves was not as hard as I had imagined (or the Haynes made it look)

I think all it needs now is a bit of a TUNE .....Timing and Carbs maby then it will be tip top.

Funny thing was how under the Rocker cover it was clean as a whistle and the oil looked like New :shock:

Thanks for the help Guys :cheers:

If you are running a non-standard exhaust you may need to change the main jets. A 2-1 exhaust can alter the back pressure so that some of the Fuel/Air mixture will pass straight through the combustion chamber or not reach it at all....net result is that you run lean.

Go onto the Motad site and see if they recommend re-jetting for that exhaust.

Valve gaps too tight are worse than too loose in my book. If the valves are not closing fully you can loose compression....which will make the bike run poorly...if at all!!

Last few things by the sound of it....and you've got a good runner!!

Bob

If its just a mixture problem then thats an easy fix without the need to rejet the carb. Have a play with different settings and check each time against the plugs after a few miles.

Get a video up of it running at some point, i want to see it in action