CBT schools in central London

Guest craigie boy

Hi all,

Another newbie here. Been lurking around the forum most of this week (hey if the boss wants to pretend he's paying me well then i'm happy to pretend that I'm working!) Seems like a good site to come to for info & advice, which is kinda what I need now...

Can anyone recommend a good place in central London to go do my CBT? I live in NW6 but it doesn't need to be local to me, just somewhere I can get to easily by tube/bus.

Went in to one place quite near me this afternoon but didn't get a great impression. They were more interested in trying to sell me kit & a bike & the guy just seemed a bit dodgy really so would be good to hear from anyone that could recommend the place they done theirs.

Cheers

Craig

Hi all,

Another newbie here. Been lurking around the forum most of this week (hey if the boss wants to pretend he's paying me well then i'm happy to pretend that I'm working!) Seems like a good site to come to for info & advice, which is kinda what I need now...

Can anyone recommend a good place in central London to go do my CBT? I live in NW6 but it doesn't need to be local to me, just somewhere I can get to easily by tube/bus.

Went in to one place quite near me this afternoon but didn't get a great impression. They were more interested in trying to sell me kit & a bike & the guy just seemed a bit dodgy really so would be good to hear from anyone that could recommend the place they done theirs.

Cheers

Craig

Not sure if there a shortage of decent places in London but i did my assessment a week ago in Kent and there was a girl doing hers who had drove from London that morning

Cheers for the replies guys, appreciate it & Sparky thanks for the link, looks like that get bike place could be a goer. I'll be giving them a call first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks again

Just booked my CBT with North London Motorcycle training. Doing it this Saturday. Never riden a geared bike before so just hope I don't go & make a flaming tit of myself on the day!

Don't start worrying about it now. Stressed and tense is more likely to make it worse :)

You can't make a tit of yourself, you can't fail. Relax, listen to what the instructor tells you, and enjoy it :)

Yes, you'll make mistakes, none of us could ride perfectly first time, just don't let it affect you too much

Let us know how you get on.

Just booked my CBT with North London Motorcycle training. Doing it this Saturday. Never riden a geared bike before so just hope I don't go & make a flaming tit of myself on the day!

Try not to get worked up by the while gear thing. I did my cbt last week and the only thing I'd ridden was a scooter about 7 yrs ago. Yes I made mistakes and I didn't totally conquer the whole gear change thing but I still passed. It's all about how you compose yourself and act on the road :) good luck :)

Cheers OhJay & Theboyparker. I'm sure I'll be ok once I get there & get going. Just hope I'm not the only total newbie on the day. Was chatting to a girl in work who rides a scooter & she was saying the day she done her CBT there were 4 peope & the other 3 were all just doing it to renew, had been riding about on L's for 2 years+.

I'll post & say how I got on once I'm home & had a stiff drink probably! Haha.

Well today was the day of my CBT. Got off to a bit of a shaky start but once I settled my nerves & got a bit of confidence it went well. It was an early start & I'm mentally exhausted now but man it was great. Once I got out on the road I just loved it. Was grinning like an idiot. Got a nod from a couple on a triumph speed triple at some traffic lights which made my day & the fact that there wasn't a cloud in the sky didn't hurt either.

I highly recommend north london motorcycle training in Edgware (0208 952 9622 http://www.northlondon-mct.co.uk) the instructors were brilliant, good bikes, yamaha ybr 125's which I was on & plenty of little twist & go things there too. Anyone in the area thinking of doing their CBT go here & get it booked now while their sale is still on. I paid £115 to do it on a Saturday & they charge £95 for weekdays at the moment. Not sure when the deal ends - sorry!