Help! Need urgent help with a poorly bike

martlewis

OK so after 16 hours or so the charger started switching between charge and weak, it then went to desulfate for about 15 mins and now is charging again.

Any suggestions if the battery is dead?

If it has to desulfate the battery then yes the battery was the problem...

Sulfation destroys a battery's ability to hold charge. Desulfation is the curing factor here as it makes the battery more able to charge.

Though a battery for your bike from Halfords is about £30 from memory. If you have a trade number all the better. :)

OK so after 16 hours or so the charger started switching between charge and weak, it then went to desulfate for about 15 mins and now is charging again.

Any suggestions if the battery is dead?

If it has to desulfate the battery then yes the battery was the problem...

Sulfation destroys a battery's ability to hold charge. Desulfation is the curing factor here as it makes the battery more able to charge.

Though a battery for your bike from Halfords is about £30 from memory. If you have a trade number all the better. :)

Wish I did have a trade number. Would that make it cheaper?

Using a mates trade number (you need them with you) I got 5 litres of oil, a battery and a set of 4 spark plugs for £38.

Hence why for everyone else its wise to call them "Halfrauds" :lol:

I also have use of one of these :D two headlight bulbs- £11.98. With card- £2.98 :D

If it doesn't already have acid in it then it will probably need charging.

However if you buy one with acid already in it shouldn't require charging. When I required one I phoned up the garage and they put the acid in and fully charged it for me ready for when I got there.

Take them to a tip and recycle them :thumb:

Some batteries come dry charged, which means you put the acid in, let it settle and then its good to go.

Some need filling up and charging but thats about all i know