The ZXR project thread :D

Matte black with the red frame will look nice :)

What about throwing some small monster decals on there... Dunno why I just think they look cool on Kawasaki's :lol:

Matte black it is! Ooooohhhh i love monster!!!! Gunna try find the red monster stickers :D just little ones, put them just below the indicators :D

Are you painting the wheels as well?

You'll have people asking what it is all the time with that scheme I reckon :)

We had that with the old GPX as it was just black with an ace cafe sticker, rose a lot of questions which always feels good :lol:

Are you painting the wheels as well?

You'll have people asking what it is all the time with that scheme I reckon :)

We had that with the old GPX as it was just black with an ace cafe sticker, rose a lot of questions which always feels good :lol:

Yeh anything not standard looking is good i like being asked about my bikes, got that alot with my aprillia! :D

Hmm wheels. They're gloss black atm and hadn't thought about painting then as they're in brill condition.... although if bike is going matt then shiney wheels wont work with it???

Megawatt i only just now realised how you meant to get them out lol! The piston is solid as it has this material in it to stop vibration we think so can't get anything "in" the piston.

Yeh anything not standard looking is good i like being asked about my bikes, got that alot with my aprillia! :D

Hmm wheels. They're gloss black atm and hadn't thought about painting then as they're in brill condition.... although if bike is going matt then shiney wheels wont work with it???

You could try to match the red of the frame and have them powder coated. It doesnt cost that much apparently. I want to give it a go with my next bike as the outcome for some is amazing!

Lol megawatt you can see it the pics, its the browny coloured stuff in the middle of the piston. The rear is the same, we did try to get it out but it seems its meant to be there.

Fozzie- i like the idea of powder coating and not bothered about cost but matching the red will be very very hard. Hmmm... maybe i could send the lot? Frame, swingarm, wheels and hangers....... orrrrrrr we could DIY the lot ourselves?

Powder coating is tougher than paint and a lot better on aluminium parts. You do have to remove anything that could melt, ie seals and bearings. |You should also protect threads and sealing faces like the part of the wheel that discs touch when bolted on. Some coaters will do this for you , but not all.

The caliper pistons will come out with hydraulic pressure, but they will need to be properly bled and ideally use braided hoses!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you spray direct onto alluminium, you need to use an etch primer to get the paint to stick. I did and it still falls off. Powder coating won't fall off and probably won't chip. Paint scheme sounds interesting. Wonder if someone could photoshop it for you??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If you spray direct onto alluminium, you need to use an etch primer to get the paint to stick. I did and it still falls off. Powder coating won't fall off and probably won't chip. Paint scheme sounds interesting. Wonder if someone could photoshop it for you??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ah right, i will do, whoever painted it red this time round did a good job, its bloody stuck well on there! :D

and its a dark red (almost maroon) that the frame and that it, check the pics :)

If you powder coat, to soften the blow think of how much money you save on not having to paint it yourself, subtract that from the cost of powdercoating and walaa :lol:

Its what I do to convince myself to spend a lot of money on something :shock:

You not going matte black anymore? I had my YZF-R125 in matte black and satin black. The mix of the two colours surprisingly worked. But matte will only look grubby and ratty if made to look that way. I think if you do more to the bike once you have it matte you will avoid trouble but its up to you!

Im the lazy sort who buys matte black filler primer and just uses that :lol:

Black and gold?

Black fairing, with metallic red frame, swingarm, hangers and stuff :)

Powercoating is a no no, £150 plus VAT for frame, swingarm and wheels. Not too bad but i guess i could DIY.

personally i think that £150 for frame swingarm and wheels is a good price, even if you do it yourself with cleaner and rattle cans, yes it will be cheaper, but not much and the rattle paint will scratch and mark easy

Well a little update. Not been upto much as me and sam bag been busy with work and i was at a rally this weekend.

Managed to get the pistons out of the front calipers, going to clean them up and get pics tonight.

Sadly the fairing i bought is for the L model not my H model :( so will have to send it back, bought it off egay so dont know how hard its going to be sending it back and getting a refund : the biggest kick in the teeth is im sendig all the fairing to a friend of mine tommorow to be sprayed (he's done it in the past for a living) so think ill get everything sprayed and when i get the left fairing just send it down to him to spray. Ill just have to ride it without fairing for now.... well when its ready anyway!

Dont know how long its going to take to source the left side fairing as there are none on egay or anywhere else i can see.... found 2 H models being broken on the internet but as its a bank holiday no one is answering so will have to wait until tommorow :(

Ahhh I see. Never seen solid pistons? Only way is pressurise em then. Might be worth a bit of WD or 3in1 first though! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lol megawatt you can see it the pics, its the browny coloured stuff in the middle of the piston. The rear is the same, we did try to get it out but it seems its meant to be there.

its actually made of copper and its instead of having anti squeel shims :wink:

and they do come out as you can buy replacements but due to heat and pressure they tend to be stuck solid :mrgreen:

Can you post pix of the bits you need? I may know someone with some spares??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oops yep pics of course. Im going to the garage tonight so will take loads of pics for you. The only hit i need at the mo are: downpipes and left hand fairing. Needs to be off a H model though. Twin headlight model

Hello, update for you all:

Brakes are still in bits an will be until i get back from hold next friday :)

But rung the guys up yesterday about them sending me the wrong fairing and they said ring again today so i have and good news, they will be collecting the old one and bringing on that fits my bike :D hapy days!!! At no extra cost to me too :)

Very happy with them! And happy that it will all b painted soon :)