Gericke leathers....

Having had a big crash and walked away from it wearing arlen ness leathers, I always said I'd never wear anthing else on the bike,

But just seen Gerickes catalogue and the leathers look pretty good for half that! Anyone crashed in them before I get me wallet out?

Rich, have a look at CROWTREE LEATHERS

Follow the link on my www tag.

They're the dogs!

Not too dear either, for what they are....

I'm hoping to get fitted for some this Summer, as the couple that run Crowtree - based in Louth, Lincs, are retiring this year... So it's now or never. The leathers in question have come top in all the reviews for donkeys years. Plus, you have a large say in design, armour etc etc.

My first bike gear was from HG. I recently bought some cheaper kit and I regretted it within a coupla days.

From now on it's HG or nuffin - having said that they sell Arlen Ness too.

I broke my back in a HG textile Jacket, jacket held up fine tho.

Lowsided on the R6 in HG leathers at about 30mph and they held up well, only a couple of scratches

Altho i now wear Dainese as i'm a tard :lol:

*Edit ^^^^ I meant 'tart' not tard :lol: *

Edited by Anonymous

Lowsided on the R6 in HG leathers at about 30mph and they held up well, only a couple of scratches

Altho i now wear Dainese as i'm a tard :lol:

Jackets fine? well thats ok then ...ya back will mend :lol:

Whats Tard ? :roll:

Back protectors are essential, not matter what you're wearing....

The built-in stuff is usually complete tat.... Knox & ForceField are currently the market leaders....

I still find it hard to believe that not everyone wears them....

At the end of the day, you've only got one spine.....

Edited by Anonymous

Guest Rossi_Fan

They're the dogs!

I'm hoping to get fitted for some this Summer, as the couple that run Crowtree - based in Louth, Lincs, are retiring this year... So it's now or never. The leathers in question have come top in all the reviews for donkeys years. Plus, you have a large say in design, armour etc etc.

I'd heard the Crowtree weren't taking any more orders after March? Could be wrong.

They're the dogs!

I'd heard the Crowtree weren't taking any more orders after March? Could be wrong.

I've e-mailed them...

He says he'll take my order after April/May...

But I did ask very nicely....

:D

i ALWAYS wear a back protector since then, but wearing one in this case would have done sod all!

I bounced on my arse which sent a nice shockwave up my back, compressing my T12, which resulted in it fracturing. A back protector would not and could not prevent this.

i ALWAYS wear a back protector since then, but wearing one in this case would have done sod all!

I bounced on my arse which sent a nice shockwave up my back, compressing my T12, which resulted in it fracturing. A back protector would not and could not prevent this.

Fair dos Paul...

Still, glad you wear one now though...

Knox & ForceField are currently the market leaders..

Hated my Knox one, was far to big and chunky, velco was shit too.

I now use a Clover one which IMO is 10x's better. smaller, more compact, fits better, velcro straps bigger and stronger etc

Its a bit like Nike and an un-known brand name. Most of the time your paying for the name.....

Fair dos Paul...

Still, glad you wear one now though...

Don't go out unless i'm fully kitted up - boots, leathers, back protector, gloves & helmet. Not even just up the road to the shops. Most accidents happen on the roads you know and within 3 miles of your house.

But back on topic HG leathers are good. Only problem i found with my 2 peice is the zip broke and they wouldn't fix them as i didn't have the reciept. Even though i new one of the employees and he was there when i bought it, and it was in that years pattern.

Knox & ForceField are currently the market leaders..

Hated my Knox one, was far to big and chunky, velco was sh*t too.

I now use a Clover one which IMO is 10x's better. smaller, more compact, fits better, velcro straps bigger and stronger etc

Its a bit like Nike and an un-known brand name. Most of the time your paying for the name.....

I go by what I read in the tests.... Not ideal, but its the best info I/we can get as regards performance...

You're right, you do pay a premium for brand names, but my Knox BP was £80... whilst my spine is priceless. There are some things in this life you should save money on, but leathers/lids/armour/boots/gloves are different.

Fair enough people have different budgets, but I think £80 is reasonable, and even if you're uber broke, most people can manage to russle up £80... they've bought a bike after all...

As for smaller, more compact, this is down to personal preference, but I like the chunky feel.. feels more secure... The velcro could be better yes, but my jacket helps it stay in place.....

Fair play. My Knox one also cost £80

My new one cost £40 altho should have been more but as i bought it with the leathers i got a discount.

This Clover one definatly isn't a knock off, it looks and feels like it'll do alot more than my old knox one would.

Whats Dainese and tart got to do with each other? :roll:

Only asking cos I wear em 8)

Becuase they are expensive, sexy and look the part. Exactly what a tart would want

And i'm a tart and from what i've seen of your pics so are you :lol:

Becuase they are expensive' date=' sexy and look the part. Exactly what a tart would want

And [b']i'm a tart and from what i've seen of your pics so are you [/b]:lol:

He's got you sussed Drew :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair play. My Knox one also cost £80

My new one cost £40 altho should have been more but as i bought it with the leathers i got a discount.

This Clover one definatly isn't a knock off, it looks and feels like it'll do alot more than my old knox one would.

Becuase they are expensive, sexy and look the part. Exactly what a tart would want

And i'm a tart and from what i've seen of your pics so are you :lol:

:lol: Thanks :D

Thanks for the replies everyone.. I've owned some gericke stuff in the past, it lasted well but never crashed in it!

Never even thought of made to measure stuff... wonder if they can make my gut look small and shoulders look big?!