Is this a good clothing deal?

Textile Jacket with hi vis, Textile trousers, and gloves with knuckle and finger protection.

Sorry, i'm new to the whole biking thing.

I was seeing if it was a good deal or "offer" as the guy said in the shop...

Can i get gear cheaper but still quality?

Are gloves and jacket waterproof?

Gloves leather? Warm lining for the winter? Double stitching? (Not sure if you can tell by looking at it)

Jacket got CE(?) approved armor on elbows? Elbows are most important, then shoulders, then back protector imo. Some jackets have all three

Do the trousers have armor too?

If yes to all of those, then it is a hell of a good price. But I doubt it does as usually the cheaper, the worse quality.

If the gloves have leather on the palms, has a tough/durable part between the thumb and finger so it wont wear out easily and the jacket has at least elbow armor, then sounds like a good deal to me, but hard to say without knowing the exact products, and what they are made from/waterproof etc

The NEC bike show is next month and you don't live too far from there so it may be worth waiting. Personally I'd see what you can pick up there.

Most of my gear is Triumph (other makes available) - my waterproof textile/leather jacket with removable thermal lining, full knox armour, high vis piping etc.. cost me about 40pounds there a couple of years back - RRP nearer 200pounds. Matching gloves were a tenner I think at a different bike show

Just to give you the idea of what you can find.

Yes the jacket has shoulder, back, elbow and side protection and the trousers have thigh and knee protection (both waterproof), the gloves are like textile with a leather palm, hard to explain.

I might check out the bike show actually aswell.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WATERPROOF-ARMOURED-MOTORCYCLE-Description-available/dp/B002RFDUN0/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1319643990&sr=1-2

£99.99 for top and bottom, They have different sizes and colours, that is just an example. (has good reviews)

Has shouder/back/elbows CE approved.

Then all you gotta do is get some gloves for around 20-60 Depends what you want.