Oil Change

argentum40

Drain the oil when it's warm and it will drain from the cooler without any further action needed :thumb:

But if the oil gets warm, doesn't that mean the cooler isn't working prop[erly?

Drain the oil when it's warm and it will drain from the cooler without any further action needed :thumb:

But if the oil gets warm, doesn't that mean the cooler isn't working prop[erly?

The oil cooler is to help dissipate some heat from the oil, and thus from the engine, but oil will get very very hot when the engine is running, it's supposed to so no problem there.

It's easier to drain when it's warm as it becomes more fluid so drains faster, but don't do it just after a long spirited ride as you'll end up burning yourself :)

I tend to get the engine nicely warm (but not scorchio) - just start 'er up and leave 'er to tick over for about 5 mins, then I tend to leave it overnight for all the oil to run out. When I then put a bit of fresh oil in to flush the old stuff out, there's hardly any of the black stuff left. (Oh, and don't forget to put the drain plug back in, like I did last time!) :oops:

I tend to get the engine nicely warm (but not scorchio) - just start 'er up and leave 'er to tick over for about 5 mins, then I tend to leave it overnight for all the oil to run out. When I then put a bit of fresh oil in to flush the old stuff out, there's hardly any of the black stuff left. (Oh, and don't forget to put the drain plug back in, like I did last time!) :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: did the same thing with my KH125 some 28 years ago lol.... wondered why it dropped it wasnt topping up :lol: :lol: