Puncture

DG

Not got far yesterday when front end felt wierd, almost flet like something was wrapped around my forks restricting the steering. :cry:

Anyway on inspection I found a small hole smack bang in the middle of the tread. I managed to nurse her home stopping to re-inflate the tyre once. The tyres are continental road attacks with around 4500 miles on them.

What I need to know is would it be safe to have it repaired or do I take the advice of local shop who reckons that I should replace the tyre? I was hoping to change them after visiting Scotland for a few days.

Advice/comments from all you Guru's out there will be very welcome!

Cheers

Gav

Evel Knievel!

He was my boyhood hero! Did you see the documentary on him on the biography channel on satelite TV a few weeks ago?

Cheers for the advice by the way. I just think that they are out to make a few quid, new tyre and fitting as opposed to a repair, The tread seems pretty good still.

Gav

Evel Knievel!

He was my boyhood hero! Did you see the documentary on him on the biography channel on satelite TV a few weeks ago?

Cheers for the advice by the way. I just think that they are out to make a few quid, new tyre and fitting as opposed to a repair, The tread seems pretty good still.

Gav

no didn't see the documentary i use to watch evel knievel every weekend he was my boyhood hero aswell he is the raeson im into bikes now. a good bikeshop shold only charge £15 to £20 to fit a new tyre and if the sale is still on at m&p you should get a tyre for about £50

Personallly, I'm not a big fan of plugged tyres..

My back'un plugged and I'm gonna change it as soon I can afford to...

Overly cautious maybe, but I just don't like the idea of a weak spot...

Specially at super high speeds... i did nearly 70 the other day :twisted:

Cue: everybody: "oooooooooooh"

:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anybody recommend any good sports tourers?

I've got Continental road attacks on at the mo. I think anyway :?

They're just pretty bloody expensive along with everything else. Oh God don't get me started. :roll:

Gav

Evel Knievel!

Gav

to be honest mate is it worth taking the risk ??? if they say get it changed i would do that.

was gutted last back end just had new back tyre fitted only been to scarborough and back certainly no more than 80 miles in total ,got puncture and it cost me £130 to change but tyres are the only thing in contact with the road so enough said on that point lol . be safe its only money!!

(would be nice to have some i know lol)

Anybody recommend any good sports tourers?

I've got Continental road attacks on at the mo. I think anyway :?

They're just pretty bloody expensive along with everything else. Oh God don't get me started. :roll:

Gav

Ive heard good reports on the avon azero`s m8ty(think thats what they are called) Thats what is going on my FJ1200 next 8)

just get another conti attack front

cos if you go for a different tyre you should change both to match

plus conti's are good tyres and have a little more tread then most and last pretty well :thumb:

by the way go for the advice of the bike shop :D

i think conti attacks are about 65 quid for a front :?

There are some seriously good deals out there for pairs of Bridgestone BT-020's as the new BT-021's are coming out. Found a place that will do a pair for a ZZR1200 for £139.

Will be going to see my mate who runs his own tyre business and see if he can better that price. He usually does and thats fitted and balanced and ride in ride out.

Its great having mates like that... :thumb:

Guest nigelf

Go to BFM in Shipley and do both....

They will send the tyre away and if it is possible get the tyre repaired and revulcanised(sp) but you will have to fit a new tyre in the meantime. I did just that on my Pan European. 1000 miles on the trye and got a puncture. its only 15 quid so worth a try.

As for good touring tyres i use BT020's on the pan but will probably go for the new 021's next tyre change. Only trouble with stones is they wear quickly 8000 miles for a pair is not unheard of.

Hope this helps Nigel F

Cheers Guys!!

Me being a Yorkshireman thaz bein a bit tite wi't cash tha noz, but thaz sin sense and thaz off't Shipley villidge ta get a new front tya fitted.

Like tha sez it's only bitta tha bike that's in kontact wi't road.

Can I just replace one though or do I have to buy a pair?? :idea: