Little 50 found down a garden

Just found this on a local selling site, Apparently it was about 6 months old when it was slid down the road and has been stuck down the bottom of somebodies garden since (it only has 1500 miles on it and it is a 53 plate)

I went to have a look this morning and it rolls, the engine kicks over and most of the bits are there (somebody took the exhaust off to have a look at the damage but I have it)

The major damage is the engine casing where the exhaust bolts on, it has snapped off at the lug, possible fix with metal epoxy putty? one indicator is snapped, a few minor bits of plastic snapped and some scuffs down the major plastics on the other side.

I have one key but the lady could not find the V5, hopefully she will and she has said she will contact me to collect it if and when she does.

So, the question, do I sort it out and get it back on the road and sell it, or do I just break it for bits? Oh yea, I paid a whole £40 for it so I am pretty happy with that :)

124134690_ProjectAprillia.jpg.6575d536c8753e3284509ada840d927a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I would say do it up, but make sure you have the v5!

Get a new indicator on it, fix anything thats broken and get some autoglym bumper care on those white bits that should be black and it should come up pretty much black again after a few applications. Dont worry about light scratches or scratches on the casings as people expect a second hand scooter to be damaged. It should have a low milage too, so looks a bargain, aslong as its all legal

Ever thought it could be nicked? :shock:

I picked it up from her house so if it is, I know where to point the Police. :)

I would say do it up, but make sure you have the v5!

Still waiting for that :) I don't want to spend any money until I know I will be able to get it back on the road.

doesn't it only cost about £20 to get a new v5 issued to you even if she can't find it?

Looks like a nice little project.

Yep, I think it is around the £20-£25 mark, so not the end of the world, I am just being a bit tight to be honest. I have priced it all up and if she gets me the V5, and it passes the MOT first time, I can get it back on the road, Taxed and MOT'd, including serviced by me for just a smidge over £180, including the purchase price!

I have set myself a bit of a challenge to get it done for under £200, which is normally hard enough for me as I am a bit of a perfectionist and will buy 'little bits and pieces' to make it tip top, they might only be a few quid each but it adds up :)

Actually, just thought of a cost I had not added, so a tank of petrol and fill the bike tank with 2 stroke. Another £8-£10?

Guest Hodgy

Even if you send off for another V5, just remember that only shows the registered keeper and not necessarily the legal owner :idea:

• 8 months later...