John O Groats To Lands End

DG

I was chucking some poo out the garage and came across a tent not sure what its like as its never been used and I have been looking at sleeping bags!

Please dont mention butts I am trying to forget what that is going to be like..anyway you have ridden along way before and I have done 1200 miles in 4 days so.........yeah it wil hurt!

Rough Itinery of what's happening as requested.

WEDNESDAY 20th AUGUST setting off from Leeds, putting in a longish day and spend the night in a B&B at Inverness.

THURSDAY 21st AUGUST set off for JOG or as near as probably B&B maybe camp?

FRIDAY 22nd AUGUST (my birfday) Set off from JOG stop over just south of the Borders probably camping.

SATURDAY 23rd AUGUST Set off from Borders and stop over somewhere in Wales probably camping.

SUNDAY 24th AUGUST Set off from Wales for the final leg of the journey and reach Lands End. Stop at a well deserved B&B drink and be merry.

MONDAY 25th AUGUST Up to you have a day off the bike and chill out or head home? The choice is yours/ours/suggestions welcome???

I know it's a bit rough, but at least we now have a primary plan in place. :wink:

:stupid:

That's why I suggested it, it will be tough for the folks doing the full trip and beleive me it will be a massive relief to NOT throw a leg over your pride and joy!

But that is part of the challenge. I will be stopping an extra day! 8) 8) 8)

Right guys....... I've had a thought :idea: :idea: :idea:

Please bear with me. Been chatting and a seed has just been planted....

For the cost of the JOG to LE we could have a few days in France for the same money and probably the same(ish) mileage. I know we were going to do the JOG-LE for charity and it is/was going to be a challenge, but what would you rather do?

i was going to use this trip as a taster for a euro trip next year, i have to buy tank bag and paniers for where ever we go.So long as we cover a few miles i'm not too fussed.

Only thing to bear in mind is peeps have booked time off work etc so would need to be same dates (for me anyway)

Yeah Rob point taken. If we did a jaunt over the water it would still be on the same dates.

Thing is I don't want to let anybody down as a few people were just going to do part of the trip.

So far Techno said he'd go to France and you if you're up for it. It's just when you ask yourself do I want to ride the length of our country or do I want to go to France for a few days? The trip to France does sound more appealing to me. :?

Ok I'll get hold of everyone who's put their name down and ask them what they want to do and I'll get some prices sorted out. Chunnel was quick and easy when we went a couple of years ago.

Rob if you wana see how I fit luggage on a sports bike with out damage let me know mate and you can pop round :)

Cheers mate, might take you up on that, been looking at luggage not sure what to go for yet. Have seen your pics with bike loaded up :)

Rob if you wana see how I fit luggage on a sports bike with out damage let me know mate and you can pop round :)

Cheers mate, might take you up on that, been looking at luggage not sure what to go for yet. Have seen your pics with bike loaded up :)

No worries mate, I'm only round corner and I'll put kettle on :)

ok gav. think where ever we go it will be a good trip :)

Just my two penith even though I prob won't be attending either and I must say both sound equally as much fun.

I would do the original JOG to LE because that was the orig plan.

The Euro trip sounds fun too and I would go across on Ferry....It's all part of the occassion on a boat.

Doing the UK trip first will give people opportunity to feel what it's like riding long distances without being overseas.

Another thing you should consider (I think this is very important) what do you do if someone has an off as in all stay together and sack the holiday? More importantly if someone breaks down and what if it is because they never bothered to service bike before going?

Do you leave em behind and continue with Holiday or all stay together?

If it was me I would want everyone to go on and leave me to be recovered by my insurance.

Things you should defo sort before you go so as to prevent arguements etc.

Good luck with it all :)

MMmm good point Drew I have been thinking about that recently. Precisely what would you do? Something that has to be sorted out and agreed on prior to the trip.

MMmm good point Drew I have been thinking about that recently. Precisely what would you do? Something that has to be sorted out and agreed on prior to the trip.

Thats why I travel on my own...............only me to please and I go where and when I want :)

Channel tunnel going out in the afternoon and coming back in at lunchtime is £70 What dya reckon??

Get a morning crossing.... You'll have a full days riding then :)

I cross around 5am so I can get some miles under my rubber before setting down for the night