John O Groats To Lands End

DG

J.o'g to L.e sounds great but over 2 days!, Ive done fast sportsbike touring and Ive done 1000 miles in a day, (Corby Northants to Pou in the pyrenese 27 hours inc chunnel) and not to be recommended! I recon borders is about half way due to the better roads.

The trip is an excellent idea as it doesnt matter where you are from in the country! everyone has to do at least twice the distance (unless you live en route then it is excactly twice!)

so 1675 miles minimum About £160 fuel minimum

Are you thinking of camping or B&B? I vote camping :)

Have to agree jog to le needs to take 2 days!

Longest i done is leeds to fort william and then rode round scotland for 2 days then back bum in serius pain so i would need to do some bum based training :shock:

I can help there :wink:

How does this work then? Would people meet up and make there way to JOG for example anyone in the northwest region meet up and travel to JOG? Interested in it but think the ride up there on your own would be lonely :lol:

Hopefully il have a big bike by then too! Otherwise count me out lol

Have to agree jog to le needs to take 2 days!

Longest i done is leeds to fort william and then rode round scotland for 2 days then back bum in serius pain so i would need to do some bum based training :shock:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: lol :!: :?:

Are you thinking of camping or B&B? I vote camping :)

I'm with you on the camping, but there are a few guys on here that don't know what camping is!!!

What about taking a vote??

I'll get the diary out and check what dates I can do then I'll post over the weekend.

Me and steve may be up for this but obviously it will depend on events between now and then. i.e. steves court case and whether i can pass my test and get enough experience. If not we may be able to offer support with the galaxy and a bike trailer for any problems that may arise. we would love to be involved in some way. The first week in august sounds good. We will need to know dates asap as i need to book my hols at the beginning of the year.

Me and steve may be up for this but obviously it will depend on events between now and then. i.e. steves court case and whether i can pass my test and get enough experience. If not we may be able to offer support with the galaxy and a bike trailer for any problems that may arise. we would love to be involved in some way. The first week in august sounds good. We will need to know dates asap as i need to book my hols at the beginning of the year.

As he received a summons yet? :roll:

i'd be well up for this and by that time would have no probs taking pillions (if needed)....just need dates and sort some finances out, but yea....sounds fun :)

length of time on bike doesnt bother me as long as i get to strech every now and then :)

Summons received , case adjourned from 21st dec to january 17th awaiting tape from police.

Techno, you ride a bike but you cant do camping are you a complete nancy, we (as in human beings) were sleeping in caves not too long ago a bit of canvas and a roll mat is a luxury, plus you wont have to go on point every 2 hours seeing as we will be in the UK and not Afghanistan!! :roll:

If, and its a big if, i still am on the road with the Mille in August i'd be up for it, the more days its spread over the better, theres no rush, plus i have to stop for fuel ever 85 miles :shock: