John O Groats To Lands End

DG

Mille

I just dont like camping having said that the last time i did was a whole different ball game :shock:

Oh and would have to buy the stuff too!

If ya do get a ban surely how long will it be?

And as for the fuel...85 miles is okl by me normally manage only 100 myself!

Could do with getting some dates sorted wifey needs to book hols.

And also a trip time table think a long weekend should suffice...GAV!

:scratch: Eh??

Would you like to elaborate on that Mr T. ? :roll:

I THINK MINIMUM WOULD BE 3 DAYS

1 day travel to Jon and camp over night.

1 day travel to Lands and camp over night

1 day travel back home

:roll: Could do a Fri, Sat and Sun :wink:

I think 2 days Jog to lands end, Riders live all over the country so we cant tell them how long to take to get there, ie some might take half an hour to get to jog then 4 days till they get home,

All we have to worry about is the meeting time/date and site to meet at /near JOG - maybe tea time for a get together, and if we are having a stop over or not, if so where?

I vote we do have a stopover as 1000 miles is a long time on your bum :)

I suppose people dont have to do the whole thing either! but i would recommend raising a bit of money for charity! It never goes amiss plus you will get more satisfaction out of it!!!!!!!!!

well?????????????????/ :)

Just been looking on Michelin Routefinder...

Here goes. I think the best bet is for everybody to meet at John O Groats on the eve of ride. That way people who live far away might need a couple of days to get up there. Of course whoever lives en route can hook up and ride together.

The trip itself I would recommend doing it over two days the mileage is 838 miles approximately and according to the route map would take just short of 15 hours with 8 and a half on motorways! (I know that this isn't gospel and only a guess-timate)

Therefore I reckon we should split the trip into two days with a stop over (dare I say camping? :wink: :wink: )in the Lake District. Then crack on and obviously have a night at our destination. The following day upto the individuals, either go our separate ways and head off home or have a day off, chill out spend another night then head off back to our hometowns.

Thoughts and comments please??

Gav

If we have to camp on route :evil: would it be best to have somewhere better to stay at the ultimate destination?

Anyone going who wont camp let me know please!

Yes We'll treat ourselves to a "Proper" Bed. :roll:

Looking at either last weekend in July or first weekend in August, I've just got to wait for go ahead on some holidays I've put in from work. Hopefully I'll know after the weekend.

It would be good if we knew the starting point for the second leg of the journey.....

I don't think I could make it for the full journey, but would love to join in for some of it?

It would be good if we knew the starting point for the second leg of the journey.....

I don't think I could make it for the full journey, but would love to join in for some of it?

Probably be somewhere near/around the Lake district.

Just found out that one of the other lads at work has already booked the last week in July and the first week in August. He also said he can't cover the 2nd week for me as he has things planned! :roll:

So looks like it's gonna be middle to back end of August. Is everyone interested ok for this or is it a case of back to the drawing board??

Thoughts please folks.