John O Groats To Lands End

DG

Alright boys and girls,

I kno im a relative newbie on the forum but id be up for this, ill camp and date wise i can do most, anyone know what kind of MPG you get from an r6 ?

Matt

About the same as I'd get out of my zx6!

Which would be roughly.... :) :lol:

Matt

I would guess at safely 130 miles

I'm going on cbr did 130 miles to reserve and zx6 does 110 to reserve with at least 4 litres left.

Figures quote 150 miles.

Alright boys and girls,

I kno im a relative newbie on the forum but id be up for this, ill camp and date wise i can do most, anyone know what kind of MPG you get from an r6 ?

Matt

On My carbed r6 worst I got was 69 to reserve on track and best was 180 on a long journey 2 up!

Hope this helps :) :twisted:

Right! Sorry for the delay, but the guy who's on opposite shift from me has been off then I've been poorly too, so he's just got back to me tonight.

Looks like the 21st till 23rd/24th August It is the bank holiday which might help or hinder the numbers but hey ho! It's the date now.

Who's up for it? And I've been thinking about a charity and I don't know if any of you saw Long Way Down? But when they were in Scotland they visited a home for poorly kids whose lives were drawing near, and it was a place where they could go and let their hair down while their parents were given a bit of a break. I can't remember the exact name, but I can get it. What do you think??

DG

Over the next couple of days I'll try and sort a route out and as for the charity I was talking to one of my mates who worked with kids and he told me that there is a kids home near Leeds similar to the one that was featured in LWD. A home for terminaly ill kids, but as it's nearer to home I thought that that would be a good starter. I'll get in touch with them and try and get some more info, as long as everyone is ok with that??

It's called Martin House. Check the link below.

http://www.martinhouse.org.uk

Come on folks we need more people so lets get going on this!!!

Could we change the top to be something like

1 I'm up for all of it

2 I'm up for joining in for some of it

3 I not able / don't want to do it.

I want to sign up, but there is no way I'm going to be able to do the full ride...........and if I could, I'm not sure my bike would manage it

That's not a problem! If anybody just wants to ride part of the way then that's cool, but we do need a hard core of..... Maybe 10 bikes or so to do the full journey. Dates are now set as definates so come and join in this great ride/cause.

As soon as a route is posted I'll see if I can join in on the second day.......and if I can't get sitter for that night, where I would have to leave to get home for the kids.

Hubby will be same if he's not working.

i am up for all of it, although i will be taking my time getting up there and getting back cos of my troublesome back. but i am up for the full journey seeing as i aint got much holiday planned, i will camp to :D and i live half way down ish. cornwall is like a memory trip for me so would be nice to go see my nanny's old house one more time so would prolly have nuther day down there for holiday.

am going to get sponsored to so might manage to raise quite a bit, most peeps i know know i cant manage that distance well so would be up for it i think.

I`ll put me name down at the moment but not to sure that I will be able to do whole trip. Will check out route and then decide. Is there a group that will be doing less than a ton on the motorways :lol:

Coooool!!!! :lol: :lol:

Ok guys thankyou and keep 'em coming!!!

Dunno if you've seen the link on the proposed charity; Martin House, a home for terminally ill children, gives the parents a break also. As most of us are parents we can probably appreciate the hard work that goes into something like that and how people find he strength to cope with that kind of situation is a mean feat in itself!

Anyway looks like I'll have to get the maps out now. :wink: