LEXMOTO TORNADO125 PLEASE HELP

howard48

i got a service book but no service...

Has it supposed to have had one by now? You say it only has 340 Kilometres on it, should it have had one either by mileage or age yet. If it should have had and it has not been done then you are out of warranty.

Saying that, I just looked up Lexmoto's warranty details. Looks like it states it is not transferable (which I am not sure about, I thought it had to be under UK consumer law) and also it does not cover a lot. Basically engine block and internals.

Still, on a bike that only costs £860 brand new, you are not going to get many frills?

Best bet would be to ask the dealer to have a look at it under goodwill. Tell them you are the new owner but will of course be using them for all your servicing :)

Hi mate, I had a Haotian a few years ago, just the same as Lexmotos. Everything you said happened to me and all it was was it needed the idle screw adjusting on the carb. The wheel spinning when it starts,guesing on the center stand, is normal, mine did it from new. Also the pinging is likely just the engine cooling down. I would recomend get a new NGK sparkplug for that model as if its still got the standard one from new in they are cheap and nasty. Also just one other thing if you find yourself with no electrics, its the fuse. Mine blew fairly quickly when I puled onto the drive and pressed the horn, but replaced it with a better one. They are considered cheap bikes as they are just old chinese technology and copys of Honda bikes mainly but if you look after it they are good learned bikes. Hope you get it sorted.

Murph

No sorry im from Teesside. Have you adjusted it to the right specs. My bike came with a small manuel but was no use as it had been translated from chinese and all pictures and graphs were still in chinese. If you dont have one there is a chinese bikes manuel on ebay which costs about £15, features the lexmoto bikes.

Never realised it was a scooter. Anyway does your scooter have a air choke? As the Haotian I owned did and got nocked easily and made the bike speed up and idle fast when stood still at light etc and then obviously when put back to normal it is fine again. Not to sure about scooters as only ever had motorbikes (only ever ridden a scooter once in the pouring rain) so might sound dumb if they dont have chokes. Check the choke? Mine was on the left handlebar and was a sliding one (all way left is off...all way right is fully on...anything inbetween is on but not fully). Might be on your carb if so will be a push and pull one (pushed in is off...pulled out is on). If that is no help and nothing to do with ur scooter but what the hell you learnt something about chokes. :cheers:

just had the plug and carb done today. still same problem.

Did you get it done at a garage? have you checked for a choke? Could it be your throtle isn't adjusted right, check it has enought free play as if your throttle has no play then you are going to get a faster rev idle faster than if you had the right play, will be in your manuel the right specs.

yes and thankyou for all your help, i no doubt will be back in a week or so for another problem lol. i know next time not to buy an import shit bike. i thought i was smart trying to save money and get a nearly new bike.. i was wrong.

yes and thankyou for all your help, i no doubt will be back in a week or so for another problem lol. i know next time not to buy an import shit bike. i thought i was smart trying to save money and get a nearly new bike.. i was wrong.

Not dumb really, they can be good bikes. If you ever go to view or buy a bike get them to start it and then start it yourself so there is no foul play and then you can see for yourself if anything is wrong. If you get a bike delivered always ask them to start it or start it infront of them to make sure it is fine.

What was wrong with it then?

now i got a new problem a rattleing noise from me exhaust. i just had the carb cleaned soi dont know if it could be dirt or not..

Check the bolts? Garage might have removed it and not tightened it up properly.

• 4 weeks later...

i couldnt be bothered to trawl through 4 pages to see if it had been said but that sounds just like an automatic choke to me.

and its a 2012 so it might have one...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

nuff said :P