Motorcycle Live NEC 24/11 - 2/12

Stu

Going down on Thursday

As I don't yet have my first bike or any gear, and have never been to a show before (although worked the catering at a couple in Sheffield!) I am well excited :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fingers crossed I can pick up some cheeky bargains, anything saved on the gear can be added to the actual bike fund (or even advanced rider training if I'm feeling really flush!!)

:cheers:

Going down on Thursday

As I don't yet have my first bike or any gear, and have never been to a show before (although worked the catering at a couple in Sheffield!) I am well excited :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fingers crossed I can pick up some cheeky bargains, anything saved on the gear can be added to the actual bike fund (or even advanced rider training if I'm feeling really flush!!)

:cheers:

If you are after bargains the later you go in the week the better.

Ha! just noticed I missed out on the £16 tickets, so now it's £19x2 to get in, £10 parking and 230 miles of motorway there n back.......... I think I'll give it a miss this year Mr NEC.

a tenner to park? wtf?? :roll:

Ha! just noticed I missed out on the £16 tickets, so now it's £19x2 to get in, £10 parking and 230 miles of motorway there n back.......... I think I'll give it a miss this year Mr NEC.

Funny thing Jota was last year we prebooked and paid for the parking. We got kicked out of the place at last knockings, had a drink in the bar on the way out, and by the time we got to the carpark to leave everyone had buggered off and the barriers were up......so it wouldn't have cost us a penny......Ho Hum..... :roll:

Event organisers are giving a £2 refund on parking.

When you pay you will be given a voucher which you will cash in in hall 2.

Think they to think the NEC are charging to much for parking.

Event organisers are giving a £2 refund on parking.

When you pay you will be given a voucher which you will cash in in hall 2.

Think they to think the NEC are charging to much for parking.

Cheers for the info, fair play to the bike show for the payback. Gonna give it a miss tho all the same, typo on the miles... Should have read 330 not 220.

Funny thing Jota was last year we prebooked and paid for the parking. We got kicked out of the place at last knockings, had a drink in the bar on the way out, and by the time we got to the carpark to leave everyone had buggered off and the barriers were up......so it wouldn't have cost us a penny......Ho Hum..... :roll:

Spoke to a guy last week who said the same :lol: he'd stayed late for the Ducati VIP party and found the barriers up when he was leaving.

This weeks MCN has a pull out floor plan and new bike display guide (plus I'm too tight to fork out god knows what for the official programme!)

Thursday can't come fast enough :-D

Went yesterday and I was glad I did!

More bikes being unveiled, the middle class bikes are making a come back, from 300cc ninjas, to 500cc CBRs I'm liking that they are finally bridging the gap between 125 and 600cc. Ive always felt it was needed as I want a secondary to get around town but isnt as breathless as a 125. Finally theyve addressed it!

(That and the new middle license promotes them well)

Yeah I had a look at the 300 ninja. Cracking bike for a smaller person!! Looks a treat and you should be seen in traffic if you buy a green one. I bet it will sell well, but at almost £5k, ouch!

I had a sit on a few bikes and have to say the fz1 was soooo comfortable and well proportioned, I liked it, be nice to feel it free from the floor tho. The BMW1000RR thing was extremely well screwed together, felt quality and a nice fit. Loads of others but they spring to mind. I was unimpressed with a lot of bikes too, cheap switch gear, poor lay out, a few things I wasn't keen on. Like the 'beaks' popping up on multistrada type faces. OMG they're ugly!! The quality of the switch gear and grips on the Ducatis was piss poor too.

Had a great day tho, glad it wasn't busy I wouldn't have made it round in a day if it was. Ill be going next year!

Oh my GOD how much fun was that??

Got myself gloves (£10) boots (£69) helmet (£69) and two piece leathers (£99)

Bargain central! Could have easily spent 100k on bikes. If I had 100k. Or a license. Or anywhere to keep them all haha!

Enjoyed sitting on the cruisers and customs, not sure if I could ride one, but I could happily watch TV sat on one lol

Was bit gutted, climbed on the daytona 675 triple, and it just didnt...fit. So not happy, always wanted one of those. Oh well I'll have to have a proper go one day, maybe it'll be different when I'm moving!

I only got a 1 pound parking refund cos I'd bought in advance online, but to be fair, better than a kick in the nuts. Bloody tired by the end of it. Maybe next year I'll take a bike down but its a bit of a long (and dull) ride down the M6, may as well use the company workhorse :crybaby:

Soooo now to upload the photos to facebook and await the backlash from my non biker mates about how dangerous bikes are :roll:

The guy who gave me the tickets has had to cry off attending the show after he got himself some man flu.

So............. I have 2 spare tickets if anyone wants them!

Tickets cover entrance to the event and free entry to the 'Ramp D Up' motocross arena.

We're going down Sunday, if you want the tickets let me know here and I can meet you at the entrance around 10:30am

I had the tickets for free so will obviously be passing them on to you for free. If nobody wants them I'll give them to the first two people I see waiting to pay.

My Mate and I rode up there yesterday from Portsmouth, bloody freezing it was but wouldn't go if I couldn't go by bike, done a bit of voluntary work on the BMW club stand so got in free, gotta say had a good look round too and was very impressed all round, no touratech this year, very surprised by that, Triumph had a great stand, so did BMW (bit biased there maybe) the atmosphere was lovely a really great day out all in all, to top it off we stayed overnight in Stratford, (gorgeous town) back today again in freezing temperatures. Last 2 days so get up there if you can. Go by bike and parking is free filter through the queues at the end job done.

Spent near enough all day there today. Sat on a lot of bikes. Resisted spending an absolute fortune on stuff that I didn't need.... :wink: We both enjoyed it and will definitely be going again next year. Loved the Triumph stand....but I'm biassed anyway.... :lol: Honda did a good job by indicating which bikes are suitable for the new A2 class in their bike spec sheets. The new Ninja 300 didn't look that different to the old 250. New Suzuki 250......with some weird name that I can't remember.. :roll: Thought that the KTM Duke 390 would be a good bike in this class.....32Kw power matched with a kerb weight of 130Kg would probably make it pretty interesting..... 8-)

And when we left at about 17:45 gave the parking guy at the barrier my tenner for parking.....his mate said something....so the guy gave me my tenner back.....said have a good evening and opened the barrier....so we parked all day for free......result... 8-)

A grand day out in our opinion..... 8-)

Yeah, I'd second that, a good day out. Saw Richard Hammond when I was waiting for Bob to come back with the pasties for lunch. He looked older and even titchier than I imagined. Bought some dry sacks for sleeping bags etc so won't be turning up at the rally next year with a load of bin bags bungee'd to the bike.

I also did a terrible and disloyal thing today. I sat on the new model Street Triple R and put my name down for a test ride next Spring. Ooops!

me & a few mates went friday, got roped into getting on stage by some of the girls working there (fit), my mate won a full set oxford thermal base layer. result. met James Whitam & Steve Parrish backstage too, so chuffed!

Great show, & just the right price, thanks again Derek, but now I want one of these

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/wanthis2.jpg

Or one of these

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/wanthis1.jpg

Or

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa3/tankbag/thisone2.jpg

Nice to meet you and your other half today Simon, yea that yellow/black Busa even looked nice to me!

Had a great day, stopped by th Norton stand first like I did last year, last year I asked the CEO "Where's my F*****g bike?" This year I stopped by to say thank you for supplying me such a stunning bike :) Stood n talked a while to Andy and Mark who gave a huge insight to where they figure Norton are going, countries and model wise.

Went in at half ten and left just after five :cheers: