THINK I BROKE IT!!!!

butlergremlin

I was letting my honda CB250 tick over today as i have not ben out on it in a week or so and it went dead so i started it back up and after a few mins the same thing happened, I thought this was down to the cold, Tried again with some choke and it died and now its not starting at all. You can hear the starter kicking over but nothing it kicking in after that, I have just had the battery replaced.

When this happened i checked the oil and the stick was covered from top to bottom so i wiped it clean and diped again and when it came out there was no oil on it, IE No oil in the tank.

Are these things linked and have i broken my baby???

:(

I was letting my honda CB250 tick over today as i have not ben out on it in a week or so and it went dead so i started it back up and after a few mins the same thing happened, I thought this was down to the cold, Tried again with some choke and it died and now its not starting at all. You can hear the starter kicking over but nothing it kicking in after that, I have just had the battery replaced.

When this happened i checked the oil and the stick was covered from top to bottom so i wiped it clean and diped again and when it came out there was no oil on it, IE No oil in the tank.

Are these things linked and have i broken my baby???

:(

Petrol should go in tank :P Hope that helps!! :wink:

Just one main question - Where's the oil gone? Was there a pool of oil on the floor under the bike or has the bike been burning oil?

Also how about the spark plugs and Ht Leads?

Just one main question - Where's the oil gone? Was there a pool of oil on the floor under the bike or has the bike been burning oil?

Also how about the spark plugs and Ht Leads?

Shite sorry i just rememberd if you did'nt leave the bike for a while before checking the oil there would'nt have been any in the sump as it will have been pumped round the engine.

If youve added more oil youll need to take some out now before running the bike again!

I would put the problem down to spark plugs or ht leads.

probably flooded the engine when you put the choke on ... take the spark plug out and give it a blow ... i used to warm it up with the flame from a lighter, this also burns any excess fuel on it.

as for the oil.. the level probably went down as you were turning the engine over.... leave it for 5 - 10 mins and then check make sure its on level ground as well cos some bikes are very sensitive to how the bike sits.

Nigel

Is it a 2 stroke?? Have you knackered the plugs? My old 125 was forever having that problem....

When it wouldnt start again did you try bumping it? Perhaps it was flooded? Im sure a boffin will be along in a bit to help ya

I think the problem was the flooding, My bike burns far too much fuel anyway, Iv been meaning to take it and get the carbs cleaned out and the floats set to stop it running so rich, But its an old bike and wont last much longer i dont think (Espeshaly with me owning it and not knowing sh1t all about bikes) :oops: So need to decide if it is worth the money.

Once again thanks :D