Mod 2 Pass Rates for the UK - 2012

• 2 months later...

A difference of 33% between test centres is worthy of investigation IMO.

I too passed at Shieldhall and it took me 3 goes.

The place is a nightmare. Poorly signposted (at least 2 are almost completely obscured by bushes/trees), roadmarkings almost non-existent in some places, a lot of HGVs on some of the biggest, maddest roundabouts I've ever encountered in over a decade's driving.

Nightmare of a test area.

While I don't doubt your description of the place, and I can even agree that it may be tougher to pass there than elsewhere, 33% means nothing in the context of how few people are in the statistics. Some test centers had 100% pass rates with 1 or 2 people in a month taking the test, some had a 0% pass rate with the same numbers. With low numbers like those seen on that spreadsheet, a few donkeys constantly failing, or a few Pedrosa's passing with no issues in an area will wildly skew the results.

If you want to use statistics to prove stuff like this, you need lots and lots more test subjects, and you would also need to split out the Mod 1 and Mod 2 results. For better accuracy and better conclusions, you would also have to look at who trained as well as who examined and if that made any difference.

If you want to use statistics to prove stuff like this, you need lots and lots more test subjects, and you would also need to split out the Mod 1 and Mod 2 results. For better accuracy and better conclusions, you would also have to look at who trained as well as who examined and if that made any difference.

You're right. I actually studied marketing in a different life. I should know that.

Although it should be noted that these stats are for Mod 2 only.

Generally, you also notice that the places that do the least amount of testing also have the best pass rates. Less populous areas will usually have less complex traffic systems, for example, which explains quite a bit (the 33% difference relates to . That said, Shieldhall is still about 15-20% (very rough figure) lower than those test centres with a similar volume of tests being carried out.

• 1 month later...

Just seen this and think I was lucky to have passed, I was one out of 2 passes in June 2011 out of 8 females (Shrewsbury) :shock: