Motech Blaze panniers

Has anyone tried these?

Looking for some panniers, the hard ones are way too expensive but saw these soft ones that are so easy to remove and the rails are easy to remove as well.

Just wondered if anyone had tried them? They are about £230 for my FZ1

http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/SW_Mot ... _Sets.html

• 2 weeks later...

I had a tank bag by Motech, and it was brilliant. An actually amazing piece of kit. Though I cannot say that I have heard much about the tank bags. I have been researching panniers myself, and came across these. I would say have the advantage of being supported by the metal quick release brackets, which will no doubt help stop them flying around, and any fathing about with pain protection.

Giviv do a similar soft luggage solution. They have soft luggage which is PVC reinforced (or summink) but their system is slightly different. It uses a rack system similar to the ones they use in the hard luggage, though less industrial looking, and the bags clip into those. The rack is not removable, which is a dis-advantage, though the security while moving (and parked because of some kind of soft luggage locking system they have going, and the fact that it is on an actual rack) perhaps make up for this.

It kind of depends what side of the security / discrete coin you fall really.

I would say though, it is quite expensive and I think I managed to price up some good quality second hand hard panniers for my bandit for a similar price. And normal throw overs are a lot cheaper. You can also get a 'soft luggage support rack' made by givi, for certain bikes that is not that expensive.

Happy Searching