Ignition Issue - Giantco (chinese make)

Guest SCUFADAM

Hello Forum, i am having issues with my ignition.

What's happening is that i turn the igniton on, but seemingly get no power to the front console, which normally tells me what gear im in, also the front and back lights don't work, nor does the brake light. i Know it's not a battery issue because the indicators work. The bit that confuses me to the upmost, is when i put the ignition into parking lights, the lights turn on...

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and knows where the problems occcuring?

Also why does :3some: look like he's been molested?

Thanks for any feedback!

Adam

:stupid:

Either that or a fuse. I would probably be inclined to check the wires on your ignition, if it's 5 wire I would replace the whole barrel off of a Japanese 125. A multimeter would enable you to work out what wire is for what.

:stupid:

Either that or a fuse. I would probably be inclined to check the wires on your ignition, if it's 5 wire I would replace the whole barrel off of a Japanese 125. A multimeter would enable you to work out what wire is for what.

When it orginally lost power, i was riding at night, so when it happened, it flickered on and off a couple of times before dying off completely, do fuses do that?

yes, especially if you have a fuse that is ok, but not making contact in the fuse box. Pull all fuses and clean the contacts and wd40 them too!

well as the fuse box is in a unknown location, probably directly under the seat, which is bolted in place, i dont have enough time to try out this theory today, regardless thanks for you help, ill post more as it arises!

yes, especially if you have a fuse that is ok, but not making contact in the fuse box. Pull all fuses and clean the contacts and wd40 them too!

I should really learn to read all the posts before replying. I just wrote a whole post about thinking its the fuses. Either not making proper contact (which would explain the flickering) or blowing due to possible short circuiting due to the amount of rain we have had recently getting into the electrics, although it sounds more likely to be something not making contact rather than blown fuses.

I would say first off check the fuses. I'm not familiar with Giantco but if it is a scooter there could be a panel in the floor which you can take off to reveal the fuse box. If not then it should be under the seat, and if its a motorbike then again, it is likely to be under the seat. The seat should e easy to take off with just a couple of bolts holding it on and most fuse boxes have spare fuses somewhere in or around the box

!!UPDATE!!

Yesterday me and a friend managed to get my seat off and had a good root around including looking under the tank, however, we could not find the fuse box, we only found one fuse and it was similar to:-

http://www.hainesmc.co.uk/images/upload ... 001_lg.jpg

(aside that rather it been that shape inside the glass, it was just a string type.)

the only other thing that was found was a black box with a couple of terminals coming out of it, to which i have took off, pictures are attached.

IMAG0373.thumb.jpg.e022b45c21c708cf301814228557bd0c.jpg

IMAG0371.thumb.jpg.44164032c0963f1f35e2884071bd9a25.jpg

Any info on this would be helpful!