Provisional license + medical condition

Just wondering if there's anybody who provisional license with medical condition added to it.

And how long did it took to get the license back.

I'm already waiting for 3 weeks, called them in today about my provisional and they've said it will take up to next 3 weeks... :( not good since I want to do my license before 19th of January :(

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have a full car licence and have had for 20 odd years, I was diagnosed with a medical condition that required DVLA notification about 10 years ago. I duly notified DVLA as instructed by my Doctor, they wrote back inside a couple of weeks saying I was ok to continue driving.

Cut to last year I moved Home and sent off my driving licence for the address change - all hell broke loose !! Cue appointments with my Doctor, Neuro and Optician plus multiple forms to fill out. It took approx 4 months to get my licence back, it had a few changes too. The expiry date had been slashed to 3 years (I've since found out this is "normal") and my entitlements had been reduced, namely everything but the car. No more vehicles carrying 19 people with a trailer on !?! The real kicker is my symptoms haven't changed, at all, in the last 10 years, I've been lucky in that respect.

I didn't have my full bike licence, even though I had and rode bikes when I was younger, I never got around to passing the test. Something I'm looking to do now via the DAS scheme, do I need to apply for anything regarding the licence ? I don't remember if there was any bike stuff on it before DVLA butchered it. Do you have to apply to ride a 125cc bike even though I have a full car licence ? I realise if im doing it via DAS I wont be riding a 125cc bike, but will I have to apply for "something"

Cheers, Matt

• 2 years later...

I'll answer my own question!!

No, you don't need to apply for anything, provided you have a licence book you're CBT and start the ball rolling. I got my test passed last year [emoji106]

I'm now riding a Kawasaki ER6-f and loving it [emoji12]