Restroing GSX750F x reg

• 1 month later...

HI guys

still working on project

latest update new jets 125 and old filter back on,

managed to pick up a 2nd hand wire loom,

problem i have is, the clip to ignition box is 4 and 8 clip and new loom has 16 clip

so in my wisdom i pulle dthe wires out of the 16 clip and placed them in to the 4 and 8 clip and bike wont turn over possible due to

wrongly wired or ingtion box,,

http://imageshack.us/a/img26/9789/tunbridgewells201301130.th.jpg

my question is do i need / can i use a different ignition box ???

Mine field this! Could be simple, could be hard. Even as daft as the ignition resistance, but without seeing the loom I wouldn't guess. Some one else may have more experience bike wise tho!

the new wiring loom was wrong if it didnt fit your cdi the wires could go in any combination within the plugs that connect to cdi box basic thing it wont start worst way you can blow the cdi itself if you buy a loom them make sure its for same year bike or that it comes with cdi and other relays and bits

• 3 weeks later...

any one with a gsx750f 1999-2000 that have an 8 and 4 pin connection to the cid box possible send me the configuration that you have or pictures so i may reconstruct mine and put the old loom back on..

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting back to my GSX750FK but it's a 1989 model, a little different to yours but where we are similar is that I've not much experience of bikes and struggling. I did get it to give me something to do in my retirement (albeit enforced through redundancy) and I am learning a lot as I go along. I said just getting back to it because I haven't been able to get to it for years!

I have had a lot of excellent advice from this forum and the Suzuki OldSkool forum, I'd suggest having a look there if you haven't already.

Good luck, I'm going to struggle on but enjoying it whether I get the bloody thing going or not!

Hey dude.

Nice looking bike there, Defo a good Resto project :D

Id defo bleed those carbs, first thing i always do after transportation..

I remember back when i was 16, my mother bought me an Aprilia Rally 50 moped, and it refused to run until i bled the carb. So always been something i always do after transportation..

If you understand carbs a little bit, id recommend perhaps opening it up, the needle should be fine, but always worth checking out the fuel bowl and jets, because as stated, old stale fuel goes less viscous and quite gunky..

also check the carb floats still operate correctly, because if stale fuel is around them, it could stop them from freely moving up and down, and blocking fuel intake into the carb.. Always worth a check mate..

As to the wiring. try downloading a pdf wiring diagram for that bike, if possible, Always handy to keep hold of, for future references.

But good luck with the resto. Looking forward to seeing it progress into a lovely little runner :D

• 1 month later...

project update

after searching ebay and scrap yard webs site for a 2nd hand wire loom final got hold of one for £27.50 and for added bouns

comes with a datatool alarm,

so late night fitted the new loom, got the bike started and sort of ticks over but still got an issue with the mixtures,

also started to put all the farings back on the bike, couple of pics below :):)

next task is to swap the handle bar back to the original and wire up all the lights :):) then the restore is done for now :):) and time to get its MOT after 8 years :):) to find out if its road worthy

and see if there is any thing else i need to spead out on,

I know this is a big ask

But any one have a compressor and Spraying kit i can borrow for a couple of weeks :):)

happy to contribut to borrowing it :):)

183358284_Bike2.thumb.jpg.dd383434aa3dddc20e47e59822b0421f.jpg

2074502315_Bikewithmostoffarings.thumb.jpg.940237318bada41292a20943a7b0b11d.jpg

Is yours running ? as mine was already at a sort of runnig state aprt form the old owner trying to sort the mixtuire out him slef :):) with k+n filters on the bike