JOG le 1000 Fundraising event for Cancer Research

Guest stewart64

As some of you may know from http://www.thefuelrooms.co.uk site we have been trying to raise funds for the JogLE 1'000 Charity Motorcycle run in August by selling keyrings.

I am actually taking part in this charity ride.

It will take me and the 11 others taking part over 3 days, covering over 1000 miles from John O'groats to Lands end avoiding motorways , and a projected 12 hours a day on the road (including breaks). We are trying to raise £7500 for Cancer Research, so far our online support has reached over £1400.

sponsors are coming in and we are hopeful to surpass our modest target

If any of you would like to sponsor me in this event it would be much appreciated. online donations can also be made direct here:-

http://www.justgiving.com/jogle1000forcruk

alternatively any business`s willing to help with costs please contact me .

we hava a sponsors page on the website and the support vehicle will be graphiced up accordingly.

To help us promote the event and raise some support, thefuelrooms.co.uk have got a stall at this years Thundersprint event . http://www.thundersprint.com

Me and mikey will be in attendance so those of you going this year - please pop over and say hello.

stewart

keyrings can be anything you want to be honest ,kids/bike/wife/mistress etc and all for a min £3 donation -can be done direct online and we will send them to you or we can meet up on ride outs etc

got some nice rossi ones knocking around

Will see you at thundersprint mate

Me and my son are goin for the weekend :D

mikeys the slim one im the "cuddly one" pmsl make sure you come and say hello

will be there on the sunday only (work commitments)

stewart

got some good raffle prizes to aid our fundraising :wink:

this is one of our many raffle prizes :lol: :lol:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m43/Mikey2k/toys.jpg

dont forget guys and gals the thundersprint event is next weekend and well be taking some pics from this weekends racing from oulton park

see you guys there

:wink:

• 4 weeks later...

********UPDATE***********

just an update to keep things fresh for new members to see , the fundraising is going well (thank you to you guys who`ve bought mounted prints etc)and we are hopefully on target fpr a big total

anybody wanting to sponsor me or mike or any of the riders just shout -will be appreciated

bit of bad news this week as one of the riders was seriously hurt in an rta 3 weeks ago and has pulled out of the ride due to those injurys -get well soon mate . This has prompted his partner pulling out too.

this has left us two vacancies for riders if anybody is interested( all accomadations and stops booked already so dont want to alter just yet) anybody interested just give me a yell will cost any rider £150.00 to put in the accomadation funds to take part , and fuel costs too and home from first and last destinations respectively .

anybody interested in the full rundown let me know but must be available from thursday 2nd aug,we are leaving Bentley Brook, 3 Aug 8:00am for the trip up to scotland ready for the main event starting the 5th aug

any info just shout

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Into the final month...

If anyone wants to ride with us at any point, (and chuck a fiver (or more) into the pot, if they haven't already donated) our approximate itinerary and route is below. Drop us a note about where you'd like to RV with us and we'll try and keep an eye out for you.

The start times for each leg are approximated, from an educated guess (based on previous rideouts) for average speed and allowances for stops. Hopefully, they should be "reasonably" accurate, but I'm afraid we can't guarantee any definite meeting times. If we make good progress, and don't take too long over coffee and meals, we'll be pressing on - so we may be early. By the same token, if we meet any serious hold ups, we may also fall behind.

Day 1 - Aug 5th Highlands, Argyle & Bute, Stirling, Falkirk, West Lothian, Midlothian, Borders.

Leg 1: John o' Groats to Evanton nr. Inverness. ~8:30 start. ~104 miles. A99 to Latheron, A9 to Skiach Services, nr Evanton. Rest stop.

Leg 2a: Evanton to Inverness. ~11:30 ~15 miles. A9 into Inverness. Refuel at Kessock SS, Longman Rd. Leg 2b: Inverness to Tyndrum. ~112 miles. A82 to Tyndrum. Lunch and refuel at The Green Welly Stop.

Leg 3: Tyndrum to Edinburgh. ~15:45 ~90 miles. A82 to Chrianlarich, A85 to Lochearnhead, A84 to Doune, A820/B824 to M9 J11, A9 to Stirling, A905 to Grangemouth, A904 to South Queensferry, A90/A902/A720 skirting Edinburgh. Refuel at Dreghorn SS/rest stop at Little Chef, Dreghorn Link off A720 City of Edinburgh bypass.

Leg 4: Edinburgh to Hawick. ~18:30 ~50 miles. A720 to Bonnyrigg, A7 to Hawick. Overnight halt.

Day 1 mileage ~371.

Day 2 - Aug 6th Northumberland, Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Cheshire, Shropshire, Herefordshire.

Leg 1: Hawick to Alston. ~8:30 ~98 miles. Refuel at Bourtree Motors, Weensland Rd. A698/A6088 to Carter Bar, A66/A6079 to Wall, B6318 to Greenhead, A69 to Brampton, A689 to Alston, A686 to Hartside Cafe. Rest stop.

Leg 2a: Alston to Penrith. ~11:15 ~17 miles. A686 to Penrith, A66 to Rheged SS. Refuel. Leg 2b: Penrith to Bootle. ~97 miles. A592 to Windermere, A591/A590/A6 to Preston, A59 to Bootle. Lunch and refuel at Aintree Asda, Ormskirk Rd.

Leg 3: Bootle to Craven Arms. ~15:30 ~98 miles. A59 to Liverpool, A561/A562 to Widnes, A557 to Runcorn, A533/A49 to Craven Arms. Refuel at Newington SS, Shrewsbury Rd. Rest stop - TBD on the fly.

Leg 4a: Craven Arms to Ross-on-Wye. ~18:30 ~45 miles. A49 to Ross-on-Wye. Refuel at Wilton SS, A40. Leg 4b Ross to Welsh Biknor. ~8 miles. A40 to Goodrich, B4229/B4234/UC to Welsh Biknor. Overnight halt.

Day 2 mileage ~363.

Day 3 - Aug 7th Gloucestershire, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall.

Leg 1: Welsh Biknor to Williton. ~8:30 ~113 miles. UC/B4234 to Lydbrook, A4136 to Huntley, A40 to Gloucester, A430/A38 to Alveston, B4461 to M48 J1, A403 to Avonmouth, A4/A38 to Bridgwater, A39 to Williton. Refuel at Williton SS, Fore St. Rest stop - TBD on the fly.

Leg 2: Williton to Bude. ~12:15 ~83 miles. A39 to Bude. Refuel at Bude SS, Dencoolen Rd. Lunch stop - TBD on the fly (somewhere on Bude waterfront).

Leg 3 Bude to Land's End. ~15:15 ~84 miles. A39 to Indian Queens, A30 to Land's End.

~17:15 Arrive Land's End, job done!

Day 3 mileage ~280. Total mileage ~1014.

• 2 weeks later...

depends what time your coming through??? but can leave with diane in the cafe for you no problem . might sneak out for an hour if weathers nice .

What times best? Can come early on, then if its nice might sneak out with ya. Would come in car and go back and get bike.

Could pop up n show ya seaways?

What times best? Can come early on, then if its nice might sneak out with ya. Would come in car and go back and get bike.

Could pop up n show ya seaways?

usually leave about 10 30ish on monday and go back about 1.45 so come through on bike if its nice and well run across there and ill treat you to a coffee lol.