MotoGP: Crutchlow on the Texas race

borgy95

This is the article im talking about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/22063792

Im shocked, sounds like a massively poor attitude... He "may as well not race because they didn't collect data from the pre-season race"??? Why?

Surely you should be ready to race and win (do your best) no matter what? Is there something im missing? or is this just a new age biker who swears by technogadgetry and not 'pure racing'?

Can't really blame him.. his bike is so much slower than the factory bikes on the straight, it must be completely demoralising to do all the work to get on the back of a bike to keep a bike behind you on the corners to then just have it all eaten up on a straight.

Can't really blame him.. his bike is so much slower than the factory bikes on the straight, it must be completely demoralising to do all the work to get on the back of a bike to keep a bike behind you on the corners to then just have it all eaten up on a straight.

Just so you know crutchlow tweeted he had the same engine spec as lorenzo at Qatar.

He's being realistic, if anyone will give it his all its crutchlow, he even said his aim is bradl which tbh is all he can really expect at any track.

Fair enough on the engine limitations.. I was just abit shocked to here such an extreme statement... What good can come from not racing, unless crutchlow wants to be MotoGP's = of Formula 1's Nico Rosburg!

Its just a turn of phrase, people I all walks say stuff like "what's the point" "it's a waste of time" "why bother" etc he will be trying his best unlike rossi for the last two years.

I think you and the world will find that Ducati were not doing their best to give Rossi the tools he needs to run at the front, and this year he's really going to rub their noses in it for not doing so. Those last laps at the first GP proved he's still at the top of his game. He made a mistake which took him down the field but the way he pulled them back in and overtook the faster Honda's was awesome. I don't think Cal’s bike was that much different in speed to Rossi’s, in fact all Rossi’s overtakes were done in the turns or on the brakes. Rossi sucked Cal into making a mistake on braking after the long straight it all about race craft and set up. Yamaha are no fools Cal will get all the feedback and parts required to get the job done in Austin. Cal’s done good to keep his ride after the merry go round he had with Ducati last season. I’m itching to go to Muggelo again this year that place will jumping!!

Lol the faster Hondas really at a yamaha track, a track that a satellite yam could keep up with these "faster" Hondas.

Cal will not get parts to get the job done as you say hew on a sat bike he will get hand me downs or stuff lorenzo doesn't want.

As for Rossi he's gone back to yamaha with his tail between his legs it may have even been with ezpeletas help but he was beaten at ducati and he gave up, maybe he decided at his age no need to push and possibly hurt himself but he did all he had to rather than all he could, still he was and would have been well beaten at Qatar, texas will be a bigger test as it's more in favour of the Hondas.

Cal has at best 5th place machinery that's hus aim for the year with luck he may get higher anyone expecting more will be disappointed.

If you think about it the only factory seat ( worth having) next year will be peds if he dont win it this year and that is what cal could be riding for and if he fifth that the best place a satalite should be

That is true Roy however that could go to bradl or even pol espargaro.

Tbh would anyone put any money no matter how good results are that cal would be given a factory honda ride.?

Unfortunately i agree with you on that as well, best pray they sort that ducati out and cal gets haydens ride

I see podiums this year for Cal. The Honda's and Ducatis for that matter are faster in a straight line than the yamaha but stopping and turning and looking after tyres is a different matter hence you won't see Rossi hitting the fastest laps in practice, come race day his bike will be as fast at the end of the race as at the start subject to fuel. As for Austin l see the same again, this time the Hondas will take off only to shread there tyres and be caught at the flag. I'm hopeing that with Audi onboard Ducati will address the handling problem's and make it a 3 way factory scrap the engine is good enough just a manky chassis.

As I said unless something happens to the 2 factory yams or Hondas cal will be 5th at best. I like your idea for the race at Austin but I can't see anyone shredding tyres there built to last the race with minimum drop off as for ducati well don't expect miracles from audi any minor improvement will probably be the fact that Dovi at least is trying, he would have been top 4 like Valentino on that factory yamaha and if it wasn't for his name and the fact he can pull fan boys to fill seats dovi would have got it.

The season starts for real when they hit jerez, no new track and no stupid paid for promo first race.