DAS.... what occurs if you fail?

Without stating the obvious and the fact the L plates stay :P

If i was to commit to a DAS, which is bloody expensive! What occurs if i fail. Whats the norm here. Do you need to pay out the full whack!

( its estimated about £500-600).

would you pay this again?

No, you certainly don't have to pay the whole lot again.

You'll need to pay the test fee again for whichever module(s) you've failed, plus the school's cost to hire a bike again assuming you're using one of theirs for the test. Some schools also like to give an hour or so's lesson immediately prior to the re-test, just so you're comfortable and used to the bike before you go in for the test and so they can pick up on anything that might cause you to fail again. It's a good idea IMHO.

most places should break the tests down a little. the mod 1 is nowhere near as expensive as mod 2 to sit.

mine were:

£30 for an hours tuition.

conversion lession:

2 hours (£60)

mod 1:

2 hours tution (£60)

3 hours tuition plus test fee (£90)+(£15) = £105

mod 2:

learning:

4 hours tuition (£120)

test

3 hours tuition plus test fee (£90) + (75) = £165

totalled up

£500

some places do offer guaranteed pass schemes, where they include any extra tuition for resits...not sure if you have to pay the test fees again though

I looked at those, there are caveats and get outs on the part of the school galore. Also, the fact is, we're all adults here are you'd need to fail 3 tests in order for these schemes to pay out for you. If you have a good instructor and you ride like he tells you to, you should pass first time.

btw, the guaranteed pass schemes i looked at were £850 + test fees.

some places do offer guaranteed pass schemes, where they include any extra tuition for resits...not sure if you have to pay the test fees again though

I looked at those, there are caveats and get outs on the part of the school galore. Also, the fact is, we're all adults here are you'd need to fail 3 tests in order for these schemes to pay out for you. If you have a good instructor and you ride like he tells you to, you should pass first time.

the school I did my cbt with offers a guaranteed pass for around £650, which is cheaper than a standard DAS if you fail either module once

the school I did my cbt with offers a guaranteed pass for around £650, which is cheaper than a standard DAS if you fail either module once

That's bloody cheap!!

I suppose what i should do then is take tuition by the hour. the trainer should determine how id be on the test.

If there was a guaranteed pass scheme like they did with my cbt, id have no issues in paying £600.

On the positive, the DAS is broken into different exams, lets just hope i dont fail them all.

More practice first me thinks!