Huge hole in airbox and mayonnaise

Lumor_uk

So I'm doing the 18 month service early, well 6 month since a service in January by Honda main dealer. The bike is a previous cat C. I was checking the oil breather hose and drain plug on the air box. When...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7379/9269123512_ea1b0f4a95_c.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2893/9266347567_8e6402e7e4_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3715/9266342295_1af3948fbe_c.jpg

The bracket had snapped off where the bike fell to the right (I imagine as all damage was on right hand side). You would have thought Honda service would have spotted it though? Been breathing in unfiltered air for 2k miles, anyway I've fixed it now and it's running more like my old 125 now. Bit slower off the lines :lol: There was a catch box inside the air filter at the bottom for the mayonnaise to stop it reaching the drain plug. That was full so cleaned that out.

Also I'm not an expert but I have suspicions they didn't even bother checking the valve clearances unless they use voodoo. The right panel was held on by a cable tie (from before) and the left panel had a bolt that was seized on (from before).

scum bag main stealer does not do job promised shocker.

not really headline news as I suspect it goes on every day. And this is why I crack out the haynes manual and do all my own servicing.

What service did the Honda dealer do? If it was just a minor oil change and check/adjustment then they may have had no reason to remove the fairings or check the air filter.

it was the 2.5k service which is first main service after the free minor service after sale. was £145. manual says valve clearance should have been checked. both the inlet and exhaust valves were the same. exhaust adjusted to correct clearance. I was suspicious when they said 2 hours, I came back after 1 to find it outside and ready to go.

east Sussex erm will keep you in mind when I'm never in that neck of the woods on my bike :P

makes me think a bike with lots of receipts is actually better than a full dealer service history.