Mod one tomorrow

I thought of it as a "betcha can't do xxxxxxxx" seemed to settle me down and focus me. Don't start things until you're ready to start them. Take a deep breath if you need to. You won't fail for asking any questions before you set off on your manoeuvre, so ask away. The examiners are nice blokes who enjoy riding and want nothing more than to pass a competent rider!

Relax and don't try to think about it tonight. Take your time and a couple of deep breaths before each manoeuvre. Stay calm and feel confident you can do it. I had to take mine four times before I passed and it was all down to not being confident enough. Good luck. :wink:

thanks everyone! definitely will use your advices!

Just came back from a long cruise ( went out for nearly 2 hours hah) was calm during that.... as soon as i got home nerves got me again lol. I think I really should spend all night cruising around just to stay calm haha

unfortunately failed :/ everything went perfect, besides the bit that i was most confident on :/ went too tight on a second figure of eight and lost the balance when trying to turn too hard at low speed. boom, leg is down... at this point i was so annoyed with myself :/ and i know i can do it, done it 100s of times, just the stupid me had to go too tight... urgh so annoyed with myself right now. Told my instructor to book it again as soon as possible. Now I'm really confident, since i found it really easy lol

practice session. At least you know where you went wrong! That car park they have you doing it on is massive, make use of that space when doing the fig 8.

I found myself doing tighter u-turns when he asked me to turn the bike round!

quick question, did he end the test there, or allow you to have a crack at the other manoeuvres?

He did let me do everything, so at least I know how everything looks like . Really cross with myself cos that was the only thing I never went wrong on when practicing for mod 1 lol, well deffo will pass next time!

definitely not! that was much more space than i have expected! Also won't be as nervous next time... this time was nearly shaking, i really don't like being examined/assessed lol

Congratulations!

I always found the mod 1 the hard part, now you've just got to relax and do the fun bits. Just remember its no different to a lesson and s/he's making sure that you're a safe rider more than anything.

Congratulations!

I always found the mod 1 the hard part, now you've just got to relax and do the fun bits. Just remember its no different to a lesson and s/he's making sure that you're a safe rider more than anything.

can't mirror these sentiments more!

congratulations on the pass. For mod 2, relax and have fun with it. you're going for a ride with someone. ride safe and to the speed limit and you've passed.

thanks! :) mod 2 booked already, tuesday 13th of August 11:11 (love the time lol)

yeah will try to relax, hopefully i'll get into the "zone" so won't be nervous haha. I really do hate when I'm being assessed etc

try to relax, don't tense up and stress too much or you'll fail. don't get too close to the cones on figure of 8, use available space (i went too tight and that's why i failed it, when going back in, i tried too hard to get between the cones and put foot down :/ ). And most important, remember to get the feel of the bike you're going to do the test on beforehand. Doing some slow maneuvers beforehand on it will definitely help you!

Congrats on the Mod 1 and enjoy you Mod 2. I did and found it all fairly relaxed as the examiner was following from some distance a lot of the time. Just keep your eyes out for speed limit changes at junctions and have a good safe ride.